breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudcats70

hello,
so anyways i have two bearded dragons and im asumeing that ones a male and ones a female. i had the so called female at school most of the year then i brought her back. i put them together in one of the cages and they would start to head bob. im not sure if this is a terioral thing or if its mateing. then the one that i think is the male just on the female and bites her neck. i also break it up after this
so i guess what i wanna know is if this is breeding or if this is fighting
thanks

spyder79

Extreme Poster
mudcats70":336wq8h7 said:
hello,
so anyways i have two bearded dragons and im asumeing that ones a male and ones a female. i had the so called female at school most of the year then i brought her back. i put them together in one of the cages and they would start to head bob. im not sure if this is a terioral thing or if its mateing. then the one that i think is the male just on the female and bites her neck. i also break it up after this
so i guess what i wanna know is if this is breeding or if this is fighting
thanks

If you are not 100% certain of their sexes than this could be very dangerous. If you are certain of their sexes and know that one is a male and one is a female are you wanting to breed? Have you researched this and have you determined that you are mentally and financially prepared for the rigors of producing dragons? This could be a territorial dispute or the act of breeding. Either could end very badly for you. My suggestion is to separate them asap. They each need their own home.

mudcats70

Original Poster
i have them in two seperate cages as of right now i never left them in there after there mis-hap hahaha
ive tried telling the sexs but havent been able to tell the differences between male and female :banghead:

nsciria

telling sexes....

first off....lift the tail so you are looking from the rear, lift at like 75-85 degree angle from their bodies

Male....they will have 2 verical lumps above his vent

female....will have one horizontal lump abover her vent or no lump at all....that's the best way to tell

males however also have larger wider heads, females tend to be more narrow and smaller.

hope this helps.

here's the site to help show you what to look for

http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

http://www.dachiu.com/beardeddragoncare/sexingdragons.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom