Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki

I am a new owner of 3 juvenile beardies ( 1 male at 8 months, 2 females at 5 and 9 months). All three are active and seemingly healthy and they are voracious eaters. The male had been attempting to mate with the elder female which i understand is very young. Until last night he was unseccessful. The last two to three days he became more aggressive and has inflicted some sores on her neck.

Several questions have aroused because of this:
Is there a medicine that i need to treat these wounds with to prevent infection?
I have read that it takes 2-3 weeks until she is ready to lay. If there was a successful copulation, How long before i need to move her to a lay box?

Thanks for any information that may help.

Aki

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
You really need to separate them, breeding at such a young age can cause major health complications to the female.

YOu can use neosporin to clean the wounds.

You need to keep an eye on your female any signs of digging she will need a lay box.

Females should only be bred at 18-24 months old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom