breeding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Is it ok to start breeding now? or should i wait till Jan? or latter next year?

They are good in weight and age. Also when i do put her in with him will he know what to do? I do know last year when i first got her i let him see her and he went crazy but i did not let him breed.

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hi - Beardies naturally breed following brumation, so on the arrival of Spring in anyones area. He will most certainly know what to do, & don't have a heart attack, it'll look like he's attacking her :shock:

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Im trying the brumation now, i got the temps lower and less day light. I have been told to do this for a few months by some people and some people tell me only a few weeks, so what is it?

also they are being lazy but are still eatting and every thing.

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
My motto with my beardies is try to follow their natural habits. Winter is for 3 months of the year so.... I know people suit themselves & that's fine, but I just figure you'll have a lot healthier & hopefully longer living Beardies if u treat them well & don't abuse their bodies for your own purposes (be it earning money from littlies or wanting them to be awake to cuddle). Also wander about the overall health of littlies conceived under duress? My opinion only :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom