Breathing Issue/Nose Clogged

zazo

My beardie seems to have one of her nostrils clogged. Something dark in color appears to be clogging it and she is having a bit of a struggle breathing, her mouth is open most of the time even when she is not basking as she tries to breathe. She is currently in shed, but that does not look like shed to me. I am not using any loose substrate. The substrate I am using is tiles. Temps and UVB are all on point.

Have anyone encountered such a situation? Does it eventually go out by itself?

I have attached some pictures

@KarrieRee any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_4516.jpeg
    IMG_4516.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4533.jpeg
    IMG_4533.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4547.jpeg
    IMG_4547.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 65

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie seems to have one of her nostrils clogged. Something dark in color appears to be clogging it and she is having a bit of a struggle breathing, her mouth is open most of the time even when she is not basking as she tries to breathe. She is currently in shed, but that does not look like shed to me. I am not using any loose substrate. The substrate I am using is tiles. Temps and UVB are all on point.

Have anyone encountered such a situation? Does it eventually go out by itself?

I have attached some pictures

@KarrieRee any suggestions?
Is it possibly a piece of food ? She will probably end up blowing it out eventually -- I can have ahbd take a look and see what she thinks --
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's usually shed, it should come out eventually. They usually mouth breath for a while off + on like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom