Breaded dragon mouth white

granbrya

Hi, this is savage. I have had him for almost a year now and these past two weeks, I notice this white stuff around his mouth. At first I thought it was him shedding but it’s not and He doesn’t have a vet appointment until two weeks from . I’m just trying to get some suggestions on what I should do until his vet appointment.

granbrya

Original Poster
This is what his mouth currently looks like. He is also experiencing some crust from like dried up Slava .
image.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That is shed, let it do it's thing

granbrya

Original Poster
That is shed, let it do it's thing
Okay, thank you . i also see some redness on the tip of his bottom mouth and also redness underneath the white areas.. I just want to ensure that he is okay and that he doesn’t have mouth rot or any kind of illness.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Is he by chance hypo? My hypo"s get the red underneath

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think he is all good, it just looks like normal shed to me.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
It's normal. Some colors of dragons have pinkish white mouths and others have a yellowish tinge but they are both OK.

Asper

Beardie name(s)
Harry
This is what his mouth currently looks like. He is also experiencing some crust from like dried up Slava .
View attachment 73579
My only worry honestly is the underbite. Has it always been that way or is it recently developed ? Some beardies just have underbites genetically and it’s super cute, but some develop them if they are absorbing enough calcium. But if you have a good uvb tube and feed them calcium rich foods without too many oxalates it’s probably just the beardie being his cute self.

Asper

Beardie name(s)
Harry
My only worry honestly is the underbite. Has it always been that way or is it recently developed ? Some beardies just have underbites genetically and it’s super cute, but some develop them if they are absorbing enough calcium. But if you have a good uvb tube and feed them calcium rich foods without too many oxalates it’s probably just the beardie being his cute self.
Aren’t absorbing**

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom