Boogers

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Hey yall, Molly has a loose dirt substrate and digs at night to get cooler but she has dirt in her nose and i dont know how to get it out, she just poops on me when i try, advice please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey yall, Molly has a loose dirt substrate and digs at night to get cooler but she has dirt in her nose and i dont know how to get it out, she just poops on me when i try, advice please
Not sure how to get that out ---- I would however get rid of the loose substrate for now and go w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner found at Walmart or you local home improvement store - loose substrate for babies is a risk for impaction - babies tend to eat and lick everything -- you can clean the liner w/ some vinegar / water solution 5050 and then wipe w/ a clean wet cloth -- lets see if some others can help w/ the stuff in the nose
@AHBD
@CooperDragon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Use a diaper naybe???? 🤣 🤣 🤣 i couldn't resist lol I'm sorry. Try a damp q-tip maybe?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Does the dirt seem to be causing irritation or anything like that? Trying to wipe it with a damp qtip is probably a good idea, but other than that I probably wouldn't mess with it much and see if it clears on its own if it doesn't appear to be causing irritation (swelling, mucous buildup, frequent scratching at the area, etc).

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Does the dirt seem to be causing irritation or anything like that? Trying to wipe it with a damp qtip is probably a good idea, but other than that I probably wouldn't mess with it much and see if it clears on its own if it doesn't appear to be causing irritation (swelling, mucous buildup, frequent scratching at the area, etc).
Shes not shedding right now but she is wiping both sides of her nose on the hammock so i think its bothering her yes but not like rash irritation

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hopefully she'll be able to work it out of her nose. A qtip or damp washcloth may help you to remove what's along the outside.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So things are getting cleared up? I am glad to hear the q-tip worked so well! They can sure
give you some grief.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom