Bonding

I just want to share about how well Rocky and I are bonding! Today was another day of fun in the playpen. I then held Rocky across my chest- I was trying the shoulder but she wanted more of a cuddle. We did this twice today- I was so excited. Rocky just stared and stared and stared. At one moment, I was a little nervous, I can't lie but all is well.

I checked her belly throughout the day and she's okay. Rocky was even left unattended (in the pen).

This may be minor to you but this is monumental for us.
At the end, I rewarded Rocky with superworms.

Unfortunately, I threw her eating schedule off and it's my understanding that the more we feed them, the more they grow- I want to be careful; I want to be mindful of obesity as well. Rocky is almost 5 months-
Rocky pooped twice which is out of the ordinary but probably because she is eating more.

As always, I am open to any feedback.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The first year or so is critical for their growth. Feed plenty of protein they need it to develop. Once they reach their size potential they will start to fill out, obesity shouldn't really be a concern until that point. some will feed them light to try to keep them small longer, i am very much not a fan of that. We dont starve our dogs,cats,or kids to keep them small.
Dont get me wrong im not saying gorge her but do let her get full :)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
The first year or so is critical for their growth. Feed plenty of protein they need it to develop. Once they reach their size potential they will start to fill out, obesity shouldn't really be a concern until that point. some will feed them light to try to keep them small longer, i am very much not a fan of that. We dont starve our dogs,cats,or kids to keep them small.
Dont get me wrong im not saying gorge her but do let her get full :)
Thank you for this. I will definitely take this advice as I was confused and thought I was "spoiling" her but it makes total sense. What I love about Rocky is when she has enough, like others I am sure, she stops eating. Today she resumed eating her greens so we are off to a great start.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Thars great.alot of people myself included have trouble getting them to eat greens. You are a leg up :)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So we had an official shoulder moment!!! Rocky probably got sick of me because she just did it on her own LOL
Rocky lets me get her out daily now. Rocky now wants to spend all day in the playpen- I monitor her behavior- she runs and climbs on the netting but I put her back to bask after giving her a treat. At that point Rocky runs and jumps on the netting because she doesn't want to go in. Oh do I get the death stare. I feel that I have to put her back for her digestion then after a couple of hours I take her back out.
This weekend we are going to the store (locally)- to see how things go. I hope that I am not doing too much but this is so much fun.
I am also mindful of any stress lines and her eyes (closing them out of discomfort) but she's been okay in both areas.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
In terms of being full my oldest closest his eye to let me know he doesn’t want anymore. Whatever you have Rocky I’m still keep some greens in there because he may take a pause and go back to eating.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom