Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnzey71

Tonight my beardie finally ate some worms from my hand and let me gently tough her. Whenever I’ve had my hand in her tank or get done touching her she runs up to the glass and glass surfs again. Is she telling me to comeback or is something else wrong?

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Tonight my beardie finally ate some worms from my hand and let me gently tough her. Whenever I’ve had my hand in her tank or get done touching her she runs up to the glass and glass surfs again. Is she telling me to comeback or is something else wrong?
That’s a good sign she’s eating from your hand just take it slow don’t force picking them up or pull them out or uncover the hide unless you really have to. Something that helped me was just having your hands in the doing day to day stuff, picking up poop, feeding, changing water may dripping water over their nose eventually. They’ll learn your not a threat and will want to interact with you more which might be the reason for her glass surfing but you never know exactly why they do it? Sometimes it may be to hot? They may hungry? Once they get used to interacting with you they get spoiled and want to come out more lol 😂. Maybe just double check your temps? But if he’s eating and pooping and alert then I wouldn’t worry about it to much.

Burnzey71

Original Poster
That’s a good sign she’s eating from your hand just take it slow don’t force picking them up or pull them out or uncover the hide unless you really have to. Something that helped me was just having your hands in the doing day to day stuff, picking up poop, feeding, changing water may dripping water over their nose eventually. They’ll learn your not a threat and will want to interact with you more which might be the reason for her glass surfing but you never know exactly why they do it? Sometimes it may be to hot? They may hungry? Once they get used to interacting with you they get spoiled and want to come out more lol 😂. Maybe just double check your temps? But if he’s eating and pooping and alert then I wouldn’t worry about it to much.
Temps were fine. I kept working for a little while longer and she climbed up my arm! It was an amazing feeling to watch her take that risk and to trust me.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Temps were fine. I kept working for a little while longer and she climbed up my arm! It was an amazing feeling to watch her take that risk and to trust me.
It really is cool. They have such a cool inquisitive personality and each one is different. They really bond with you you can see it in their eyes. I love my little guy like my children lol 😂. They have a way of pulling on your heart strings and will have you worrying about them and stressing about making sure everything is just perfect with their enclosure and lighting. You’ll probably find yourself reading and researching more and more to find out as much as you can! It’s definitely a really special bond so enjoy it.

Burnzey71

Original Poster
It really is cool. They have such a cool inquisitive personality and each one is different. They really bond with you you can see it in their eyes. I love my little guy like my children lol 😂. They have a way of pulling on your heart strings and will have you worrying about them and stressing about making sure everything is just perfect with their enclosure and lighting. You’ll probably find yourself reading and researching more and more to find out as much as you can! It’s definitely a really special bond so enjoy it.
I find myself doing more research and video watching than going to the gym 😂 my dishes were even piling up

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Me too my guy is 4 years old now and I know more about bearded dragons than I would have ever imagined. My wife makes fun of me and has me on a budget because I’m always buying new uvb lights and light bulbs and bugs and I’ve got a huge collection of branches and cool rocks that I’ve collected over the years I could decorate so many enclosures. It’s become my tradition to bring home a rock from every vacation we go on. I’m a nerd like that 🤷🏼 Just be careful because there’s so many conflicting practices on bearded dragon husbandry some say no these temperatures some argue no it’s these temperatures and so many more arguments. There’s specific things they need like good uvb etc. but really watch your dragon and you’ll start to recognize what he likes and what temperatures he prefers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom