Bodysuit of stuck shed

ScallySquash

Hello, I need an advice on shedding. Recently I rescued a beardie from a tropical terrarium that was regularly misted. I don’t think he ever shedded at least not in a while. He has a full body suit of stuck shed, multiple layers. The skin begins to crack and peel in some places but underneath it is a soft sensitive skin.
Is there anything I can do or do I just wait and hope he will eventually shed it off ‘the right way’?
Ps- He enjoys his baths but they don’t seem to be doing much.
Thank you for any input

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'll flag someone, but i think you can lightly rub coconut oil on him. AHBD should be able to give better advice.
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi, can you post a few good pictures to show the dragon's condition ? Beardies may at times seem to take longer than usual to shed, especially adults, Hopefully it's not a case of yellow fungus.

ScallySquash

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies.

I didn't even think of yellow fungus! It would make sense given he came from dirty, wet and cold enviroment.

I know you said good pictures, but I have no daylight anymore so this is all I can do. It is hard to tell from the photos but on the neck is the biggest spot with soft skin. It is not sticky or anything, it's just like our skin.

Neck.jpg
Neck 2.jpg
Back.jpg
Tail.jpg
Belly.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is actually all very normal looking small patches of skin, the only area that might be of concern is the upper belly/chest area. You can get antifungal cream like Lamisil at a pharmacy just in case and apply it to that area and to the other spots that you're concerned about. The belly is just dirty + will look cleaner after the next shed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, this is winter so a lot of them have shedding trouble. Coconut oil as Karrie suggested is fine or
glycerin too would be helpful also.
Eventually it will all come off.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom