Boa Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Sooo...
All right what kind of boa- scientific family name- are the ones that are super light (something I always associate with Surinames- although my most recent googling suggests it's also true with bolivians, brazilians & to a lesser extent peruvians) with high contrast tails? You know, the ones that almost look like they slithered through some white chalk, but didn't get their tail... like Dave's suriname.

Is this a morph of BCI or BCC?

BCC & BCI differences have to do with how their saddles are shaped, right? I assume there's a scale count thing involved too....?

In short, will someone who's bored give me a crash course in Boa Constrictor identification- focusing largely on the difference between location classifications and scientific classifications.

PastorAaron

Juvie Member
Basically Locale questions can be answered with:
Fundamentalistone.jpg

The answer is pattern shape, scale count, and sometimes place where the original stock was picked up. The problem comes in when we realize that boas don't recognize our national boundaries. There is a fair amount of cross breeding that goes on in wild populations (Even between amazon tree boas and other tree boa species...producing fertile offspring!!)
Light boas would include Suriname, Pastel BCI, Ghost BCI, and isolated examples of just about every other subspecies save for Argentines and a few others. Pearl Islands are VERY much what you are talking about, but also extremely expensive.
Hope that at least begins to help.
God Bless,
Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom