Blown Light, on the first day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeJHB

I just finished my new enclosure for my beardie, and everything was going to plan. My final step was installing the lights- One normal light for ambiance, one arcadia 20W and one Reptiglo 10.0 36W with tinfoil reflectors behind them. Each light has it's own balast suited to it's required wattage. All the lights are arranged parallel to each other.
SO anyways- I switched on the lights all together for the first time, and about 30 seconds later the longer lights fluttered and went out. I happend to be in the tank and saw the Reptiglo flicker, flash and go out.
I am at a complete loss as to what would cause this?! One thing we did notice was when one light was switched off next to an on light, the off light would still flicker dimly? I put this down to induction, seeing as the transformers and lights are right next to each other.
Any help would be appreciatted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom