BLOODY FEMORAL PORE PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goosecorn

PLEASE HELP
My beardies femoral pores were SUPER clogged and naturally i researched and thought you were supposed to clean them after a few bathes with a brush and GENTLY with tweezers if needed. His pores are open/clean now but there are 2 that became slightly bloody and now im freaking out and dont know what to do!! They dont look infected but they definitely dont look good! Please help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
PLEASE HELP
My beardies femoral pores were SUPER clogged and naturally i researched and thought you were supposed to clean them after a few bathes with a brush and GENTLY with tweezers if needed. His pores are open/clean now but there are 2 that became slightly bloody and now im freaking out and dont know what to do!! They dont look infected but they definitely dont look good! Please help
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you have before + after pics ? Beardies usually don't need help with their ores other than extra warm soaks and making sure that there are rough objects like logs + rocks in their tank to help keep them worn down. Like shedding, there's so much bad advice about " helping " dragons to shed when they will shed naturally on their own, in stages, without our help. Can you post pics ? Raw honey is good to put on any type of wound so you can use some of that, make sure it's unpasteurized so it has the antibacterial properties.

Goosecorn

Original Poster
B is ‘before’ or what they looked like right after (i took a photo to send to my vet), and the one labeled A is what they look like today, about 1 day later.

Attachments

• 7A2368BC-FE35-4DD8-80DD-0BF0F45A4A21.jpeg
    7A2368BC-FE35-4DD8-80DD-0BF0F45A4A21.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 09643349-8185-4D7B-98FB-B04EBD82DB52.jpeg
    09643349-8185-4D7B-98FB-B04EBD82DB52.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 180

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor boy must be uncomfortable. Does it seem like he's in pain ? I agree with you that they don't look infected but they are open and bacteria can get in them. Dab some raw honey on them and it should help . Did you have a pic of them before you unclogged them ?

Goosecorn

Original Poster
Unfortunately not :( the best i can describe it is the pores were enlarged (more than in the photo) and the plug that came out was very dark brown and hard. He doesnt seem in pain and is eating and walking like normal i just feel so horrible if i put him through any unnecessary pain. I took everything out of his enclosure and scrubbed everything down to lower risk of infection and also put reptile safe polysporin on him. There are still some lumpy/hard spots on him but im not going to touch them at all for a while, and once they look normal ill give him warm baths daily until theyre not hard anymore.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look a bit uncomfortable. I usually just leave them, they fill up & as long as they are not long, or protruding to the point of
bothering them or infected I just leave them. It is just a hormonal, waxy substance.
As AHBD suggested, polysporin will help out for him to ward off bacteria. They should close up, hopefully soon.

Tracie

Goosecorn

Original Poster
Most of them are all closed up now! They look ok but there are 2 that have a small bump due to hard waxy substance still being in the pore but i’m leaving them alone and will treat them with a gentle warm bath once theyre all full.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear they have mostly closed up now! I'm sure they feel a lot better for him now.
I honestly wouldn't worry about any slight hardness, really, it is a natural hormonal excretion that is stored there
& isn't harmful.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom