Blood in my bearded dragons pee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaked97

EB4AF36F-B751-4C65-A0FE-114523A3A774.jpeg
Hi everyone this is my first time here and I am really concerned about my boy he’s just a little over a year he weighs about 13oz and he use to be a really love feeding time he would run around and chase the Dubia roaches and would drink his natural spring water on his own and now for about 2 months or so he has not been eating what so ever and he still drinks his water but won’t eat and he still digs in his cage and still runs around in his tank but just now as much as normal I thought it was just him becoming an adult but I don’t think that anymore. Today 11/29/21 i saw he pooped and everything looked good but it was a little runny so I clean it up come back about 20 min later and he just peed but there was a little bit of red in it and now I’m freaking out. And my Conclusion is that he has an upper respiratory infection or a parasite.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 65572 Hi everyone this is my first time here and I am really concerned about my boy he’s just a little over a year he weighs about 13oz and he use to be a really love feeding time he would run around and chase the Dubia roaches and would drink his natural spring water on his own and now for about 2 months or so he has not been eating what so ever and he still drinks his water but won’t eat and he still digs in his cage and still runs around in his tank but just now as much as normal I thought it was just him becoming an adult but I don’t think that anymore. Today 11/29/21 i saw he pooped and everything looked good but it was a little runny so I clean it up come back about 20 min later and he just peed but there was a little bit of red in it and now I’m freaking out. And my Conclusion is that he has an upper respiratory infection or a parasite.
Please go over the basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons please also the UVB are you using a coil or a tube fixture - this is extremely important it controls the digestion and absorption of the calcium hes ingesting -- -- what are you feeding for supplements? And what is the diet besides the insects any salads? Please post a pic of the dragon

Tbaked97

Original Poster
Please go over the basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons please also the UVB are you using a coil or a tube fixture - this is extremely important it controls the digestion and absorption of the calcium hes ingesting -- -- what are you feeding for supplements? And what is the diet besides the insects any salads? Please post a pic of the dragon

Attachments

• 93707102-86DD-4D1E-B7E1-C6D34BDD7FA1.jpeg
    93707102-86DD-4D1E-B7E1-C6D34BDD7FA1.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 66452067-A88F-4E4A-AB8B-3D48F8895B2F.jpeg
    66452067-A88F-4E4A-AB8B-3D48F8895B2F.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 2EB0FABF-FCBB-4AFF-8C96-9133770FBEF6.jpeg
    2EB0FABF-FCBB-4AFF-8C96-9133770FBEF6.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 90

Tbaked97

Original Poster
This is the light I use and these are some pics of him and yes he loves his salads and I just sprinkle a little of calcium on the lettuce and insects

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
This is the light I use and these are some pics of him and yes he loves his salads and I just sprinkle a little of calcium on the lettuce and insects
TBH I would get rid of the Solar Glo and if you want to stay w/ a MVB go w/ a PowerSun or Mega Ray please --- you are also going to want to get a long tube fixture to accompany the MVB most do not emit the amount of the UVB rays you need --- I would back it up w/ a Zoo Med 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech comes w/ a bulb -- please NO more lettuce it has no nutritional value-
here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
your UVB and basking temps are extremely important for the over all health of the dragon -- please tell me what the temps are and how your taking them---- the eating and the pooping are controlled by that

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Solar Glo is a great MVB light which is nice & bright & provides adequate heating. The UVB strength is a bit low for a MVB light, but
it is quite safe. You could keep that one in place as a basking with low UVB output, combined with one of the T5 tube bulbs that Karrie has
mentioned. Together, it would be a great UVB+heat combination for him.
How is he doing today?
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Tbaked97

Original Poster
Hey everyone that you for all that great advice and support my little Luca seems to be doing a lot better I put a dehumidifier in the room his tanks in and I got him this supplement and he is back up moving around and he’s eating again on his own I will probably end up getttng one of those T5 light for the UVB thanks guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 84

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hey everyone that you for all that great advice and support my little Luca seems to be doing a lot better I put a dehumidifier in the room his tanks in and I got him this supplement and he is back up moving around and he’s eating again on his own I will probably end up getttng one of those T5 light for the UVB thanks guys!
The sooner the better off his health will be please do ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom