Blood in beardie's poop(i think)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The thing is financially, I can't right now. I just bought the tank i have now because the other one had broke. So I'm honestly gonna have to wait for money to be a lot better until I can upgrade and that may be months from now :( . My UVB is Reptisun T5 HO 24W 22" 10.0 UVB, its a long tube. I will send a pic of its location on the tank.
Ok can you take another pic of your screen w/ the lights on -- from the pic I see now it looks like you have a fine mesh and that is blocking 30% of the UVB rays -- you want to unobstruct it either by taking the screen off -- cutting a hole for the UVB to get thru or place inside the tank -- 12-15 inches directly above his basking decor --- w/ the glass surfing I would get him out as much as possible 2 hrs a day or every other - see if this curbs the glass surfing issue -- and your temps in the tank are 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer for surface --- 80's cool side of tank? those two will make a dragon glass surf if they are too hot in the tank

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Ok can you take another pic of your screen w/ the lights on -- from the pic I see now it looks like you have a fine mesh and that is blocking 30% of the UVB rays -- you want to unobstruct it either by taking the screen off -- cutting a hole for the UVB to get thru or place inside the tank -- 12-15 inches directly above his basking decor --- w/ the glass surfing I would get him out as much as possible 2 hrs a day or every other - see if this curbs the glass surfing issue -- and your temps in the tank are 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer for surface --- 80's cool side of tank? those two will make a dragon glass surf if they are too hot in the tank
I just bought a thermometer with a probe, I haven't put it in the tank yet. But with my current thermometers it's 95-101 on hot side and 80s on cool side. What's a good way to put the uvb inside the tank? Because if I take the screen off then I can't rest either of the lights on top, and I'm not quite sure how I would cut the plastic. I'm going to try my best to take him out more, I do work an insane amount but when I can I'm going to take him out.

Attachments

• 20230604_165921.jpg
    20230604_165921.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20230604_165911.jpg
    20230604_165911.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230604_165907.jpg
    20230604_165907.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 48

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Oh I misunderstood, I thought you meant that middle plastic part was blocking it, u mean the mesh screen itself. I guess I could cut the screen for the light ,would that be good enough for the UVB to get to him? And is the middle plastic part that is covering some of the light, is that ok?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I just bought a thermometer with a probe, I haven't put it in the tank yet. But with my current thermometers it's 95-101 on hot side and 80s on cool side. What's a good way to put the uvb inside the tank? Because if I take the screen off then I can't rest either of the lights on top, and I'm not quite sure how I would cut the plastic. I'm going to try my best to take him out more, I do work an insane amount but when I can I'm going to take him out.
You can hang inside the tank w/ these -- 3M Velcro fasteners - long plastic zip ties - fishing line or picture wire hangers- I recommend the pic wire hangers - the distance for inside the tank would be 12-15 inches as I posted earlier --yes you can cut part of the screen to allow the light in - and the plastic part on the screen is not a problem -

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
You can hang inside the tank w/ these -- 3M Velcro fasteners - long plastic zip ties - fishing line or picture wire hangers- I recommend the pic wire hangers - the distance for inside the tank would be 12-15 inches as I posted earlier --yes you can cut part of the screen to allow the light in - and the plastic part on the screen is not a problem -
Ok so I actually didn't fully realize but basically I can take one side of the screen off and I'm able to prop the uvb up over the tank with one side open, do you think this is good enough? I will send a pic. Also I did want to mention, I've been noticing that lately he has been in his cave a lot more and today when I was feeding him, I took him out from under the cave and he felt pretty cold to the touch(probably because he's been inside his cave all morning) so I'm not exactly sure why and if this is normal behavior?
Ok so I actually didn't fully realize but basically I can take one side of the screen off and I'm able to prop the uvb up over the tank with one side open, do you think this is good enough? I will send a pic. Also I did want to mention, I've been noticing that lately he has been in his cave a lot more and today when I was feeding him, I took him out from under the cave and he felt pretty cold to the touch(probably because he's been inside his cave all morning) so I'm not exactly sure why and if this is normal behavior?

Attachments

• 20230605_094733.jpg
    20230605_094733.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230605_094743.jpg
    20230605_094743.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 58

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

Yes that will work

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Yes that will work
Hi again, so my beardie is still doing lots and lots of glass surfing, like crazy. He is also in his cave a lot, is this normal? When I do take him out, he still kind of freaks out and recently he will do the "glass surfing" and like he's trying to climb all walls and surfaces, most of the time and then begins to seem frustrated and breathes heavy sometimes. I don't know what to do for him and am worried and frustrated. Is he tired of being let out in my room only, maybe ? I have a pretty big room though so I'm not sure. If I take him outside he gets extremely black, maybe I can take him in my house more and on my shoulder while walking around? In his tank, it almost seems like he wants to get out, but then when I take him out, he still doesn't seen happy. Do u have any ideas?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi again, so my beardie is still doing lots and lots of glass surfing, like crazy. He is also in his cave a lot, is this normal? When I do take him out, he still kind of freaks out and recently he will do the "glass surfing" and like he's trying to climb all walls and surfaces, most of the time and then begins to seem frustrated and breathes heavy sometimes. I don't know what to do for him and am worried and frustrated. Is he tired of being let out in my room only, maybe ? I have a pretty big room though so I'm not sure. If I take him outside he gets extremely black, maybe I can take him in my house more and on my shoulder while walking around? In his tank, it almost seems like he wants to get out, but then when I take him out, he still doesn't seen happy. Do u have any ideas?
How big is your tank? Did you get all your adjustments made for UVB and the surface basking temps? What is the ambient temp in your tank on the hot / basking side? Cool side?

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
How big is your tank? Did you get all your adjustments made for UVB and the surface basking temps? What is the ambient temp in your tank on the hot / basking side? Cool side?
I need to put the new thermometer in the tank. The ones i have right now say 101 on hot side and 82 on the cool side. I took off the screen on one side of tank so majority of the uvb is not covered by the mesh screen. I will say he is in his cave a lot and not under the uvb a lot. My tank is 40 gallon I'm pretty sure, I have u the measurements in another reply, I have to find them again, because idk by memory and u said it sounded bigger than 40 gal.

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
I need to put the new thermometer in the tank. The ones i have right now say 101 on hot side and 82 on the cool side. I took off the screen on one side of tank so majority of the uvb is not covered by the mesh screen. I will say he is in his cave a lot and not under the uvb a lot. My tank is 40 gallon I'm pretty sure, I have u the measurements in another reply, I have to find them again, because idk by memory and u said it sounded bigger than 40 gal.

Attachments

• 20230610_191309.jpg
    20230610_191309.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230610_191302.jpg
    20230610_191302.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 56

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
I just set up thr digital probe thermometers, they are reading at 80 on cool side and 97 on how side right now but I just put then in.

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Sorry to keep posting replies, but here is the dimensions of the tank, its posted in the description of the one I bought, 19.50 x 37.50 x 19.25 and it says 40 gal. And I do not have the financials to get a bigger one right now, as I also just bought this one cause my other one cracked. :(

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Stupid question...Is there a ceiling fan in his room?

I couldn't find this in any of your posts, so apologies if it was addressed.

My guy was glass surfing , and looked really frantic. Looking at my in viv videos, I could see shadows of my ceiling fan moving. I stopped the fan, and he calmed down.

Apparently, ceiling fans can mess with their third eye on top of their head?

Just a thought, and apologies if it was already addressed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sorry to keep posting replies, but here is the dimensions of the tank, its posted in the description of the one I bought, 19.50 x 37.50 x 19.25 and it says 40 gal. And I do not have the financials to get a bigger one right now, as I also just bought this one cause my other one cracked. :(
This could be why he's glass surfing so much - try setting him on the back of a couch or chair in front of a window

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Stupid question...Is there a ceiling fan in his room?

I couldn't find this in any of your posts, so apologies if it was addressed.

My guy was glass surfing , and looked really frantic. Looking at my in viv videos, I could see shadows of my ceiling fan moving. I stopped the fan, and he calmed down.

Apparently, ceiling fans can mess with their third eye on top of their head?

Just a thought, and apologies if it was already addressed.
It wasn't addressed, sometimes I will have it off and yes I do have a ceiling fan, let me try to turn it off and see if it changes anything. Thank you for letting me know 😊

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom