Blood in beardie's poop(i think)

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hello,

He looks great there. Is he enjoying his light? I agree, that screen is not real fine so he should be
getting adequate UVB coverage through the screen top.
How is his eating?
I'm glad that he is doing better!

Tracie
He's eating fine, just hasn't pooped yet. His behavior honestly never really seemed off, it's just his poop looked like it had something resembling blood in it. I'm just waiting for him to poop so I can see if it still looks worrisome. Thank you :)

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
He's eating fine, just hasn't pooped yet. His behavior honestly never really seemed off, it's just his poop looked like it had something resembling blood in it. I'm just waiting for him to poop so I can see if it still looks worrisome. Thank you :)
Omg as I was posting this, he just pooped!

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
What are you giving for supplements? Please go over your UVB brand and bulb and surface basking temps and how your getting them? Mealworms tend to be more harsh on younger dragons stomachs - if he is pooping out blood and we can determine that after we see it then I would suggest cutting the meal worms out for now - around a year old would be best to feed them - your better off going w/ horn worms and BSFL (phoenix worms) as a salad lure if hes not eating salads you want him eating those or at least some --- you can get these from www.symtonbsf.com -- or www.dubiaroaches.com also known on this site as nutri grubs - are you ordering insects on line at all? Silk worms are a good staple but spendy but a good diet variety staple www.reptilianarts.com -- super worms medium size 1-3 every other day is good too added on top of his salads
Ok so he pooped finally! I will send a pic, so it was a lot more red and blood looking before, it's not nearly as prominent. It's hard to tell tbh, I'm going to send just in case. It kind of just has a red hue now.

Attachments

• 20230529_095902.jpg
    20230529_095902.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230529_095859.jpg
    20230529_095859.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so he pooped finally! I will send a pic, so it was a lot more red and blood looking before, it's not nearly as prominent. It's hard to tell tbh, I'm going to send just in case. It kind of just has a red hue now.
To me it looks like normal looking poop -- but I am going to have AHBD take a look
@AHBD

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
What are you giving for supplements? Please go over your UVB brand and bulb and surface basking temps and how your getting them? Mealworms tend to be more harsh on younger dragons stomachs - if he is pooping out blood and we can determine that after we see it then I would suggest cutting the meal worms out for now - around a year old would be best to feed them - your better off going w/ horn worms and BSFL (phoenix worms) as a salad lure if hes not eating salads you want him eating those or at least some --- you can get these from www.symtonbsf.com -- or www.dubiaroaches.com also known on this site as nutri grubs - are you ordering insects on line at all? Silk worms are a good staple but spendy but a good diet variety staple www.reptilianarts.com -- super worms medium size 1-3 every other day is good too added on top of his salads
Hey so I was just wondering, do you have thoughts on if I should worry about my bearide glass surfing, sometimes he'll do it quite frequently and for a pretty long time and I'm guessing it's from his reflection but I don't know how else to limit his reflection, I've put up backgrounds on all 3 sides of his tank other than the front. But it seems like maybe there's still a reflection on the sides with a background up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hey so I was just wondering, do you have thoughts on if I should worry about my bearide glass surfing, sometimes he'll do it quite frequently and for a pretty long time and I'm guessing it's from his reflection but I don't know how else to limit his reflection, I've put up backgrounds on all 3 sides of his tank other than the front. But it seems like maybe there's still a reflection on the sides with a background up.
How big is the tank? He's wanting out-- incorrect uvb and surface basking temps--will cause this behavior

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is a very common behavior, a lot of them do the glass surfing. There shouldn't be any issue
with his reflection if you've put up paper or background on the other sides. Have you double
checked the temperatures to be sure it isn't too hot?
As Karrie has suggested, he is probably just wanting out if something isn't quite right. It's normal
for them to want out some, but not constantly.

Tracie

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
How big is the tank? He's wanting out-- incorrect uvb and surface basking temps--will cause this behavior
It's a 40 gallon tank, and I do let him out in my room usually. As for the lighting, I've told you all the info previously. So im a little lost as to why he glass surfs so much, like he is doing it right now and has been doing it for a while.

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hello,

It is a very common behavior, a lot of them do the glass surfing. There shouldn't be any issue
with his reflection if you've put up paper or background on the other sides. Have you double
checked the temperatures to be sure it isn't too hot?
As Karrie has suggested, he is probably just wanting out if something isn't quite right. It's normal
for them to want out some, but not constantly.

Tracie
So I'm thinking maybe he just needs a little more time out and enrichment , I'm thinking of creating a dig box for him and I did just take him out a second time for a little and put him back and now he's calmed done and isn't glass surfing anymore. So hopefully it's just something simple like wanting to get out and needing a little more enrichment. His basking spot is 100 F and cool side is like 85 F.

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
So I'm thinking maybe he just needs a little more time out and enrichment , I'm thinking of creating a dig box for him and I did just take him out a second time for a little and put him back and now he's calmed done and isn't glass surfing anymore. So hopefully it's just something simple like wanting to get out and needing a little more enrichment. His basking spot is 100 F and cool side is like 85 F.
Just kidding. He's back at it again, he's glass surfing a lot today :( I don't know why 😭

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The tank is 40 gallon-
19.5"L x 37.5"W x 19.25"H
So you have a 60 gallon tank from the measurements you gave -- I would recommend upgrading to a 120 gallon --- we have links we can post for tanks-- what are you using for a UVB and where is it?

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
So you have a 60 gallon tank from the measurements you gave -- I would recommend upgrading to a 120 gallon --- we have links we can post for tanks-- what are you using for a UVB and where is it?
The thing is financially, I can't right now. I just bought the tank i have now because the other one had broke. So I'm honestly gonna have to wait for money to be a lot better until I can upgrade and that may be months from now :( . My UVB is Reptisun T5 HO 24W 22" 10.0 UVB, its a long tube. I will send a pic of its location on the tank.

Attachments

• 20230603_235519.jpg
    20230603_235519.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230603_235510.jpg
    20230603_235510.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 46

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom