Blocking the Glare - Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanchus17

Member
Hello all.

I am looking for ways to get ride of glare on the back and the sides of the tank. I have a picture being printed for the back, but was looking for ideas for the sides.

I have heard of black construction paper, and even painting the inside and sealing it.

Looking for advice on do's and don'ts for this please. If I went the construction paper route, is tape safe to use on the inside of the enclosure? Or if I painted, does it have to be on the outside?

Thanks!
 
yanchus17":12tnvyr6 said:
Hello all.

I am looking for ways to get ride of glare on the back and the sides of the tank. I have a picture being printed for the back, but was looking for ideas for the sides.

I have heard of black construction paper, and even painting the inside and sealing it.

Looking for advice on do's and don'ts for this please. If I went the construction paper route, is tape safe to use on the inside of the enclosure? Or if I painted, does it have to be on the outside?

Thanks!



For the construction paper from my understanding you may want to go lighter in color. Are you trying to get rid of glare specifically or reflections? Darker typically reflects more depending on the color..I went with a light green and it works well.
 

yanchus17

Member
Original Poster
ZeroAnkoku":2hyaf62c said:
For the construction paper from my understanding you may want to go lighter in color. Are you trying to get rid of glare specifically or reflections? Darker typically reflects more depending on the color..I went with a light green and it works well.

Reflections and glare in general. Did you put it on the outside of the tank? Thanks for the reply.
 

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
In general, glare is usually the result of the room the enclosure is in being brighter than the enclosure's interior. One solution is to decrease ambient light level in the room; another is to increase the light level in the enclosure.

Or is there some other cause of the glare?
 

yanchus17

Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":m2uu39th said:
In general, glare is usually the result of the room the enclosure is in being brighter than the enclosure's interior. One solution is to decrease ambient light level in the room; another is to increase the light level in the enclosure.

Or is there some other cause of the glare?

Hey! It's the reflections inside of the enclosure. I didn't realize darker colours reflected more. I am going to try the light green as previously suggested and see if that helps tone down the reflections inside of the tank. Is it safe to put the construction paper inside the enclosure, or tape it to the outside?
 
yanchus17":rtd81c0w said:
MrSpectrum":rtd81c0w said:
In general, glare is usually the result of the room the enclosure is in being brighter than the enclosure's interior. One solution is to decrease ambient light level in the room; another is to increase the light level in the enclosure.

Or is there some other cause of the glare?

Hey! It's the reflections inside of the enclosure. I didn't realize darker colours reflected more. I am going to try the light green as previously suggested and see if that helps tone down the reflections inside of the tank. Is it safe to put the construction paper inside the enclosure, or tape it to the outside?

Sure thing! I don't see an issue with taping it inside, I would just be cautious of how your bearded dragon reacts with it. Like potentially tearing and creating chunks in the enclosure. I personally mounted mine outside which helped; however if you mount it inside you may need to change it out at some point if it gets messy etc. If it is mounted inside then obviously any color would be fine. The light colors would only be if you had it mounted on the outside which still has a slight glare.

:blob5:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
156,000
Messages
1,256,689
Members
76,018
Latest member
Rumymummy
Top Bottom