bleeding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,

i saw my dragons belly today had red spots on it... 5 min. later it was drips of blood.. he jumped out of my hand and fell on the ground.. he's only about 4 months old... i don't know what to do!!! HELP

silverblade760

Original Poster
ok sorry... false alarm he's no bleeding... but his stomach does have like red swellings on it.. almost like red bruises

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

silverblade760

Original Poster
the temps in the tank are fine... heat side is around 105 cool side is near 80.. i use a reptisun 10.. could these be from feeding him too many crickets... i increased is food to about 30 small crickets a day

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No those spots are not from feeding him too many crickets.
They can either be mites, which can cause blood, or from leaving crickets in the tank with him, which are biting him & they can bleed & get infected too.
Is he ok after his fall?

Tracie

silverblade760

Original Poster
yes this isn't the first time he's jumped... he's ok though.. i normally check his tank for any extra crickets and he does a pretty good job about not leaving any behind... care to explain further about the mites

Bilal

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Bilal,

Well, did you get a piece of wood from outside possibly that you used in the tank without cleaning? Do you have loose substrate?

Tracie

silverblade760

Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

Well no i didn't get any new wood. About a week ago i did get cage carpet and a new basking rock for him at a reptile show... i rinsed off the basking rock before i put it in his tank... but i doubt it had anything to do with those two.. i'm not exactly ruling out that it's crickets, i may have just missed some of them...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Bilal,

Ok, it doesn't sound like mites then. It could definitely be some cricket bites. Do you use a separate feeding bin when you feed him? Try doing that so crickets don't get loose in the tank, or take him out & place him in a feeding bin & then take him out when he is done eating & put him back in his tank.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom