Blaptica Dubia roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnki

Juvie Member
hey there~

you should have a really good thriving colony in about 5-6 months. if your beardie has a taste for them it will go through 150 pretty quickly. some folks will just leave their starting colony alone for months to let it get established---offering a different staple for that time period and a few dubias here and there.

good luck!

dubia are fascinating~ :D

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'll probably just leave them to their own devices for awhile, let them do their thing, and feed my lizard a few here and there, and hopefully they'll be on their way to starting a huge colony, that i could eventually sell/give away if you pay for shipping cause its only one lizard as of right now.

dawnki

Juvie Member
sounds like a winner-------dubia like it hot and will breed if temps are good. be sure to cull out extra males-----i usually keep a ratio of 1 male for every 10 females but there are others who differ on this. the females don't like to be stressed with lots of competitive/territorial males. once they get going you'll have babies coming out of your ears...lol i was keeping mine in a rubbermaid tote too but moved them and my hissers to glass aquariums-------i like being able to view them ---- watch their activities.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks
yea, I just went to walmart and got the biggest container i could find
got 2 heating pads for the neck/back that arent the 2 hours shutoff ones
although, i do still have to cut some vent holes in the top of the lid and patch it up with some wire screening
but im pretty much ready to get them.

chadwick757

Hatchling Member
I have had my starter dubia in a glass tank for about two weeks with a UTH on it. They seem do be doing well and just discovered that they go nuts over butternut squash. Haven't seen any little ones yet but the nymphs they shipped are growing.

dawnki

Juvie Member
put some chopped up carrots, greens, green beans in a food processor and watch'em go go go!!!!!

they also L O V E halved oranges.

:D

spyder86

Hatchling Member
one other good place to get roaches from is the Roach Ranch. he also sells feeder set, they are cheaper than buying mixed sets.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea, I am going to buy from him. He contacted me and showed me his site, and it was better prices. So im ordering from the roach ranch now. :wink:

Dubiaking

Hey, Im shipping out to boot camp in a couple months and have a huge colony. If you want to buy some i will sell 200 mixed sized for $30 + $10 shipping....let me know what you think. I have a paypal account also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom