black spots on tail??

milkthedragon

Original Poster
i just discovered these black spots on the bottom of my dragon’s tail after his bath today. i’ve not been able to handle him much recently because i just had surgery so i don’t know if they just popped up or not but does it seem bad? i’ve looked it up and can’t find anything similar but i will continue to look.
i do know that he has a bit of stuck shed on the middle portion of his tail and i’ve been soaking him and have been using shedding aid as well and that’s where most the spots are but it does spread down towards the tip of his tail as well.
he’s 2 years old and he’s in a 75 gallon tank, his basking spot is around 95 F and he has uvb, he eats 3 dubia roaches a day and gets a salad of greens and green beans and some other vegetables depending on what we have and the occasional fruit. his salad is dusted with calcium as well. he’s acting fine but i just want to make sure it isn’t anything terrible and in case it is bad i want to catch it early.

Attachments

• 68FD74B5-FA77-481F-A124-25759A28E148.jpeg
    68FD74B5-FA77-481F-A124-25759A28E148.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 106

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
It looks like shed. But have you also tried brushing it with a soft toothbrush to make sure it isn’t poop? Kinda resembles that as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i just discovered these black spots on the bottom of my dragon’s tail after his bath today. i’ve not been able to handle him much recently because i just had surgery so i don’t know if they just popped up or not but does it seem bad? i’ve looked it up and can’t find anything similar but i will continue to look.
i do know that he has a bit of stuck shed on the middle portion of his tail and i’ve been soaking him and have been using shedding aid as well and that’s where most the spots are but it does spread down towards the tip of his tail as well.
he’s 2 years old and he’s in a 75 gallon tank, his basking spot is around 95 F and he has uvb, he eats 3 dubia roaches a day and gets a salad of greens and green beans and some other vegetables depending on what we have and the occasional fruit. his salad is dusted with calcium as well. he’s acting fine but i just want to make sure it isn’t anything terrible and in case it is bad i want to catch it early.
@AHBD

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom