Black spots by nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden17

My bearded dragon is shedding part of his face right now, and where the shedding fell off there’s some black spots/scales now. Does anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• 9958DAD2-2EE7-4D31-9FEB-DE9C69E5ED6E.jpeg
    9958DAD2-2EE7-4D31-9FEB-DE9C69E5ED6E.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 24090F1D-2D57-40AE-B941-B4CF88C6DCFF.jpeg
    24090F1D-2D57-40AE-B941-B4CF88C6DCFF.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 149

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possibly a temporary discoloration as the new scales come in. It could also be a second shed coming through right after the first, which can happen sometimes during quick growth spurts. Keep an eye on the area though, and look out for scales that look scabby/damaged, or if the dark scales appear to spread or change a lot.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If there is no where in his tank where he can get close enough to his bulb to burn himself, then i'd say it's just shedding coming on.

-Brandon

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hi!

Did you peel off some of the shed skin? Because if you do, then the scales with grown back black.

Camden17

Original Poster
Hi!

Did you peel off some of the shed skin? Because if you do, then the scales with grown back black.
Oh hey, this is a pretty old post lol. Those black scales ended up falling off for some reason a few weeks later and left him with a wound for a while, but now he’s healing up nicely. Just has a tiny scab where the wound was and a little smooth area around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom