black splotch on the underside of tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently my beardie has developed a black splotch/stripe on the underside of her tail. it irritates her when i put slight pressure on it and it is not gunk, as i tried brushing it off with a toothbrush, and that didn't work at all. there are tiny specks of red, so I'm unaware if that's from a wound or from red fruit, as there are raspberries in her tank that my mom gave to her as a treat. oddly enough, this was spontaneous, and she was totally fine yesterday. she is about to do a big shed, so maybe it's just shed that will come off, however i want to be sure. this morning she was completely fine. i'm really scared for her, i need help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of the tail we could see? Do you have a loose substrate like sand, dirt, etc in her tank or is it a solid
substrate? A lot of times, their old scales start looking really dirty right before a shed so it could be pre-shed but posting a few
pictures will help!
Is she eating well?

Tracie

duskthedragon22

Original Poster
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of the tail we could see? Do you have a loose substrate like sand, dirt, etc in her tank or is it a solid
substrate? A lot of times, their old scales start looking really dirty right before a shed so it could be pre-shed but posting a few
pictures will help!
Is she eating well?

Tracie
i unfortunately could not get pictures because i'm using a computer and it's really hard to get some. she has a solid substrate, at least i think so. it's a sand mat. she is eating very well. 2 hours ago, i gave her some hornworms, and she ate them. it's very odd, because there are no behaviour changes.

i drew a diagram (i'm not a very good digital artist, sorry) of something similar to her tail. i hope it can help.

2022_03_12_0hq_Kleki.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, how is her tail looking now? This can happen, unfortunately. If there are still some raw spots, you can use
antibiotic ointment or raw, unspasteurized honey on those areas to help ward off infection.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom