Black Soldier Fly

Enitnelav

Beardie name(s)
Enzo
Hello.
I plan to feed my 5 month bearded dragon black soldier fly larvae for its protein. I was wondering if I can give it the flies if they happen to hatch?

My thoughts are why not? But I know they grow wings and get a tougher body. I don't want to do anything that could cause them harm.

PS. I have been wanting a beardie for YEARS and have spent countless hours doing online research, it's how I came across this page and decided to join. I rather get my info in one place, from other owners.

It's been so overwhelming navigating through countless articles, trying to find common answers, and knowing what's right. I'm hoping this place helps lol.
Thanks!

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello.
I plan to feed my 5 month bearded dragon black soldier fly larvae for its protein. I was wondering if I can give it the flies if they happen to hatch?

My thoughts are why not? But I know they grow wings and get a tougher body. I don't want to do anything that could cause them harm.

PS. I have been wanting a beardie for YEARS and have spent countless hours doing online research, it's how I came across this page and decided to join. I rather get my info in one place, from other owners.

It's been so overwhelming navigating through countless articles, trying to find common answers, and knowing what's right. I'm hoping this place helps lol.
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum -- you have come to a good place to get help -- answer to your first question you can feed the BSFL when they become flies you just dont want to feed them if they are too big- I did have them turn into flies once or twice when my dragons were older so they were able to eat them - 5 month old you just need to watch the size of the bug - nothing bigger than the space between his eyes --
So anymore questions or concerns your having please ask -- there is all kinds of info on the site please look over the articles on the right side of the page and if you have questions please ask --

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom