Black scales/wart looking growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcrossbo

Hi, i’ve had my bearded dragon (george) for a few years, he’s a rescue so i’m not entirely sure what age he is. He is a healthy dragon overall, he has lost a nail for some reason, was lost before we got him, good colour consistently and we feed him morio worms, rocket and locusts.
For a while, he has had a wart sort of growth on his back, it has fallen off and is now like a black scar tissue, and on his tail there was a build up of scales which has now blackened round the edges, the scales have raised and there is something inside(not a foreign object) pictures will be provided below, i’m looking for any information on what is wrong with him and possibly any suggestions on how to fix this is it is an issue that needs to be sorted, pet shop is unsure of what it is. (copy and pasted from another forum)(images in reply*)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, right now it doesn't look serious. You can apply some betadine to those areas a couple times a day but if it gets worse a trip to a qualified reptile vet may be in order. Other than that, George looks good. :)

Dcrossbo

Original Poster
AHBD":3bkzyo9y said:
Hi there, right now it doesn't look serious. You can apply some betadine to those areas a couple times a day but if it gets worse a trip to a qualified reptile vet may be in order. Other than that, George looks good. :)

Thanks a lot, this gave me a lot of relief, i will order some betadine right now for him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom