Black lips

Gara

My 1.5year beardie has black lips and haven't eaten for a couple monthes thought she was in brumating but idk. Any ideas I posted pic

Attachments

• IMG_20230211_150238.jpg
    IMG_20230211_150238.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 84

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My 1.5year beardie has black lips and haven't eaten for a couple monthes thought she was in brumating but idk. Any ideas I posted pic
That looks not good --- possibly mouth rot -- going to get some more help--- what kind of UVB are you using? coil or a long tube fixture--- brumation is when they go into a sleep and dont come out -- her not eating is from her lips --- what are the surface basking temps and how are you taking them? Please keep her hydrated -- she needs water and w/ her not eating I am thinking shes not drinking either?
@AHBD

Gara

Original Poster
Not drinking either been spritzing with water. I got a new light from pet store it's a black and a coil I haven't been taking temp in tank it seems warm she is basking on her little log

Attachments

• IMG_20230211_155719.jpg
    IMG_20230211_155719.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 47

Gara

Original Poster
She doesn't have goo or inflammation just black lips I wiped them with warm water seems really dry

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Planning on a vet visit Monday I live in a small town
Ok it sounds like your using a ceramic heat emitter? If that is the case you need a solid clear bright white basking bulb examples exo Terra intense or flukers basking bulb or a Arcadia halogen-- 2 digital probe thermometers - a good long tube fixture uvb- NO coils- the ceramic heat emitter will not keep surface basking temps to what you need- which are 95-100 this is crucial in starting digestion and w/ the temps not correct or uvb your dragon will not eat- I can post good uvb's for you links - please get these things right away like yesterday- your dragon is getting sicker and sicker w/ this being incorrect

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok they dont carry the Arcadia Pro T 5 bulb - but you can order online from one of these links
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you need this bulb for a 40 + gallon tank
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb or this one from Pet Smart
24 watt w/ the 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you want the 24" fixture or 2 ft you will need the Reptisun bulb I posted above
please let me know what you get -- Petco sells T 8's they are not as strong as the T 5's I have posted -

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I will need to help you get this placed for your tank -- the screen on the tank will determine where the UVB goes along the w/ the bulb -- T 8's need to go into the tank that is a must T 5's have more of a option --- yes her health and surface basking temps a long w/ the UVB is crucial to this -- for her to eat and be healthy --- please let me know what you find -- do you have a Pet Smart as well

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom