Black lips

Gara

My 1.5year beardie has black lips and haven't eaten for a couple monthes thought she was in brumating but idk. Any ideas I posted pic

Attachments

• IMG_20230211_150238.jpg
    IMG_20230211_150238.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 86

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My 1.5year beardie has black lips and haven't eaten for a couple monthes thought she was in brumating but idk. Any ideas I posted pic
That looks not good --- possibly mouth rot -- going to get some more help--- what kind of UVB are you using? coil or a long tube fixture--- brumation is when they go into a sleep and dont come out -- her not eating is from her lips --- what are the surface basking temps and how are you taking them? Please keep her hydrated -- she needs water and w/ her not eating I am thinking shes not drinking either?
@AHBD

Gara

Original Poster
Not drinking either been spritzing with water. I got a new light from pet store it's a black and a coil I haven't been taking temp in tank it seems warm she is basking on her little log

Attachments

• IMG_20230211_155719.jpg
    IMG_20230211_155719.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 48

Gara

Original Poster
She doesn't have goo or inflammation just black lips I wiped them with warm water seems really dry

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Planning on a vet visit Monday I live in a small town
Ok it sounds like your using a ceramic heat emitter? If that is the case you need a solid clear bright white basking bulb examples exo Terra intense or flukers basking bulb or a Arcadia halogen-- 2 digital probe thermometers - a good long tube fixture uvb- NO coils- the ceramic heat emitter will not keep surface basking temps to what you need- which are 95-100 this is crucial in starting digestion and w/ the temps not correct or uvb your dragon will not eat- I can post good uvb's for you links - please get these things right away like yesterday- your dragon is getting sicker and sicker w/ this being incorrect

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok they dont carry the Arcadia Pro T 5 bulb - but you can order online from one of these links
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you need this bulb for a 40 + gallon tank
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb or this one from Pet Smart
24 watt w/ the 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you want the 24" fixture or 2 ft you will need the Reptisun bulb I posted above
please let me know what you get -- Petco sells T 8's they are not as strong as the T 5's I have posted -

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I will need to help you get this placed for your tank -- the screen on the tank will determine where the UVB goes along the w/ the bulb -- T 8's need to go into the tank that is a must T 5's have more of a option --- yes her health and surface basking temps a long w/ the UVB is crucial to this -- for her to eat and be healthy --- please let me know what you find -- do you have a Pet Smart as well

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom