Black lines on stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Congratulations on your new baby !!! They are great pets they just need attention and all the right husbandry ( lights and what not) The black bearding and lines on stomach is just stress. This is normal for awhile the dragon is acclimating. May not even eat right away just give the baby few days. Whats your setup like ? do you have a picture. Do you know what kind of UVB light your running and the distances at which you should have it ? If anything that has to do with temperatures, uvb placement and distance they will not digest their food have much of an appetite or thrive. Did you get the dragon from a breeder or a Petco PetSmart something like that? Places like that have a tendency to sell you things that are not particularly good for them believe it or not? So do not fret about the stress marks that is normal but let's start by making sure you have all the right equipment at the right distance because if all that is good the acclimation should be quick

MarioMan

Original Poster
Congratulations on your new baby !!! They are great pets they just need attention and all the right husbandry ( lights and what not) The black bearding and lines on stomach is just stress. This is normal for awhile the dragon is acclimating. May not even eat right away just give the baby few days. Whats your setup like ? do you have a picture. Do you know what kind of UVB light your running and the distances at which you should have it ? If anything that has to do with temperatures, uvb placement and distance they will not digest their food have much of an appetite or thrive. Did you get the dragon from a breeder or a Petco PetSmart something like that? Places like that have a tendency to sell you things that are not particularly good for them believe it or not? So do not fret about the stress marks that is normal but let's start by makinsure you have all the right equipment at the right distance because if all that is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 50

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ok I figured your running a coil uvb. Those coil uv-b lights are proven to cause eye infections and do not put off near enough uv-b for a bearded dragon to process is calcium and D3 you need to get a fluorescent tube uv-b like T5

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok the uvb I am assuming is a coil it will need to be replaced w/ a 24" fixture zoo med comes w/ a 5.0 you will need to order a 22" reptisun 10.0 T 5 -- or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb-- or sunblaster nano tech comess w/ a bulb - your basking light needs to be moved directly over the basking decor get a basking temp surface 105-110 that needs to be taken w a digital probe thermometer- place the probe on the spot where he sits for basking 10 min or so get the temp- incorrect lighting will also cause stress marks- if you want links to uvb fixtures I can post but you need to get this fixed ASAP--

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
trust me thus needs to be dome asap the dragons health needs this. I thought I had did my research before owning my first dragon but I walked out of a Petco with that same Zoo Med do fixture and a coil UVB bulb and if it had not been for this forum when I started having issues with my dragon and somebody who had knowledge of these things steered me in the right direction we all try to help one another on here and we all have to start somewhere you learn as you go but believe me the UVB issue needs to be resolved

MarioMan

Original Poster
trust me thus needs to be dome asap the dragons health needs this. I thought I had did my research before owning my first dragon but I walked out of a Petco with that same Zoo Med do fixture and a coil UVB bulb and if it had not been for this forum when I started having issues with my dragon and somebody who had knowledge of these things steered me in the right direction we all try to help one another on here and we all have to start somewhere you learn as you go but believe me the UVB issue needs to be resolved
My terrarium is 36 in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom