Black beard, not eating, lethargic

SpikeTheDragon86

Hi,

My bearded dragon Red suddenly has black beard, refuse to eat, lethargic, hard time breathing and he gulp which he never did before. I have notice his coloration is paler than usual. No poop just urate. I’m so scared. Making an appointment to the vet as soon as possible but wondering what could of cause that and what I can do to help in the meantime. He’s around a year and 9 months.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,

My bearded dragon Red suddenly has black beard, refuse to eat, lethargic, hard time breathing and he gulp which he never did before. I have notice his coloration is paler than usual. No poop just urate. I’m so scared. Making an appointment to the vet as soon as possible but wondering what could of cause that and what I can do to help in the meantime. He’s around a year and 9 months.
Please go over the basking surface temps --- digital probe thermometer -- No stickons please ---UVB is it a coil or a tube ?

SpikeTheDragon86

Original Poster
The bulb is Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 T8 - UVB Fluorescent Lamp - 25 W - 36". We just change the bulb for a new one. Its inside the tank. Surface basking temp between 95-100 F. Digital thermometers.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The bulb is Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 T8 - UVB Fluorescent Lamp - 25 W - 36". We just change the bulb for a new one. Its inside the tank. Surface basking temp between 95-100 F. Digital thermometers.
Ok is it directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches? Please post a pic of the tank and dragon-- since everything sounds good we need to go into other causes and some on here need to be flagged to chime in here
@Drache613
@AHBD

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a great name for your dragon, Red. How is he doing, is his beard still dark?
The Reptisun 10- T8 tube bulb is a good bulb. It needs to be close enough, to give full
strength UVB coverage. If you can post some pictures also, that would be terrific!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom