Black beard/glass surfing

My 13month old-male has not eaten in 3 days also has been stomping around in his tank and glass surfing. Acting as though he wants out. He has never done this Before. I’m very worried. I‘ve checked the lighting temp it’s 95 when she sits on her rock. And 82 not on her rock. I did take her wall out that she used to climb (but only because it caused a mess in her tank. I’m not sure if thats the problem.
please help
Maggie

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My 13month old-male has not eaten in 3 days also has been stomping around in his tank and glass surfing. Acting as though he wants out. He has never done this. I’m very worried
please help
Maggie
Behavior can be caused by lighting and temp issues -- also other dragons or other pets in the house-- tank size - lets narrow down the issue w/ going over your UVB is it a coil or long tube fixture - if its a long tube what brand and bulb T 5 or a T 8 how old is the bulb and where in the tank is it? Temps should be surface basking temps 95-100 and how are you taking them -- stick ons are inaccurate --
How big is the tank ?

MaggieluvAudrey

Original Poster
Behavior can be caused by lighting and temp issues -- also other dragons or other pets in the house-- tank size - lets narrow down the issue w/ going over your UVB is it a coil or long tube fixture - if its a long tube what brand and bulb T 5 or a T 8 how old is the bulb and where in the tank is it? Temps should be surface basking temps 95-100 and how are you taking them -- stick ons are inaccurate --
How big is the tank ?
Thanks for getting back to me, 3ft tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
long tube also using a IR gun
Ok the UVB is what brand and bulb ? T 5 or a T 8 and where in the tank is it? Top of screen or inside the tank and how old is it ? If its over a year it needs to be replaced----------- what are the surface basking temps ? Ir guns are inaccurate for a hammock - so if hes on a hammock for basking spot the temp your getting is not correct --- you should have 3 temps going in that tank --- 80's cool side -- 90's middle of the tank and basking spot where he sits 95-100- if any of this is off it would cause the dragon to be in distress and glass surfing -- too hot of temps will cause this -- the tank could be too hot -- you gauges in the tank to give you accurate readings -- also the UVB if its not properly placed and hes not getting any UVB will also cause black bearding

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Improper temps and UVB will cause loss of appetite as well --- he wont eat w/ out it being corrected -- please answer all my questions so I can better help you

MaggieluvAudrey

Original Poster
Improper temps and UVB will cause loss of appetite as well --- he wont eat w/ out it being corrected -- please answer all my questions so I can better help you
Good Morning,
Thank you for your help my beardies back to normal. I think he was upset because we had taken his back climbing wall. As soon as we replaced. 🦎

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom