Black beard and vomited

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today when I got home my bearded dragon had a black beard. Sometimes he does that when he’s about to poop so I went ahead and fed him some BSFL and Dubia. He didn’t eat any of his salad. I after he ate his black beard went away but then when I went to check on him about 15 minutes later he had thrown up all the roaches. Now is beard is black again it has been for about an hour and a half. I’m just not sure what’s going on I didn’t feed him anything different. His temperatures and UVB are correct I got help on this forum.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Today when I got home my bearded dragon had a black beard. Sometimes he does that when he’s about to poop so I went ahead and fed him some BSFL and Dubia. He didn’t eat any of his salad. I after he ate his black beard went away but then when I went to check on him about 15 minutes later he had thrown up all the roaches. Now is beard is black again it has been for about an hour and a half. I’m just not sure what’s going on I didn’t feed him anything different. His temperatures and UVB are correct I got help on this forum.
Going to flag your post to Tracie our vet tech mod - she can help you-
@Drache613

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

Attachments

• EE98E81F-F1C2-4EBF-9C67-0AB36C3C7721.jpeg
    EE98E81F-F1C2-4EBF-9C67-0AB36C3C7721.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 74

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I also just noticed he has something stuck in one of his nostrils that moves when he breathes and I don’t know if it’s step shed or a respiratory infection. I haven’t noticed any clicking noises or any other symptoms of respiratory infection but when I was looking him over I did notice some thing stuck in one of his nostrils

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He pooped about 30 minutes after he threw up and it was very watery and had some undigested food in it and now I’m home again and his black beard is gone and he looks pretty good so I’m not really sure what’s going on.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The fluttery thing in his nostril is a piece of shed, that's normal. For now just see how he does the next day or 2 and offer hydration but not too much food. He may have just had an upset stomach for some reason. If the dubias you feed him are large, offer him just half that amount when you go back to his normal feeding schedule.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The fluttery thing in his nostril is a piece of shed, that's normal. For now just see how he does the next day or 2 and offer hydration but not too much food. He may have just had an upset stomach for some reason. If the dubias you feed him are large, offer him just half that amount when you go back to his normal feeding schedule.
Thanks so much for your help! So tomorrow should I feed him anything at all like salad or just wait a day or two? He gets all of his hydration from salads because he’s never liked getting water out of an eyedropper or anything.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, something definitely didn't sit very well with him.
As AHBD suggested, be sure the bugs/dubias are not too large for him. I think it's better to feed
an insect that is slightly too small than too large, for fear of choking or impaction in them.
Maybe feed less insects for a few days to make sure he is ok but you can definitely offer greens or
other vegetation for him.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
U should contact a vet.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom