Black beard and vomited

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today when I got home my bearded dragon had a black beard. Sometimes he does that when he’s about to poop so I went ahead and fed him some BSFL and Dubia. He didn’t eat any of his salad. I after he ate his black beard went away but then when I went to check on him about 15 minutes later he had thrown up all the roaches. Now is beard is black again it has been for about an hour and a half. I’m just not sure what’s going on I didn’t feed him anything different. His temperatures and UVB are correct I got help on this forum.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
O.K, good to hear the positive update !
@AHBD So it has been maybe about 3 to 4 days since beans has pooped. He pooped after the black bearding and vomiting that day and the next day and one other day. So I’ve started giving him pumpkin and a little bit of Apple sauce on his salad and I’m hoping that will do the trick. My question is if an impaction had caused his initial blackbeard and vomiting would he have still pooped after that or do you think his digestive track is just a little bit messed up since he had the vomiting and then didn’t eat as much for a couple of days and is now eating basically back to normal? I guess I’m just trying to figure out if he’s impacted or if he’s just a little bit messed up because of the disruption in his normal eating schedule with him feeling bad last week?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not pooping for a few days is not a problem in the least for dragons that are past the baby stage. Mine usually only do once a week . If your dragon's pattern was pooing daily then this just probably just threw him off schedule a bit, it's no worry. A little pumpkin or baby food squash is O.K

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom