BLACK BEARD all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzzoi

Original Poster
Hello again and thank you again for your previous answer. I took a picture of my beardy again because I am concerned about him. His beard is Black all the time and now his belly has these spots. Thank you again!!!

Attachments

• 20211226_203332.jpg
    20211226_203332.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 111

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello again and thank you again for your previous answer. I took a picture of my beardy again because I am concerned about him. His beard is Black all the time and now his belly has these spots. Thank you again!!!
Ok I am not sure exactly what the half black is- please take a pic of the belly and I am gonna have some one else look- what substrate is he on?

dizzzoi

Original Poster
I am sorry, I took a pic of the substrate, I hope you can understand, I don't know how it's called, they gave it to me from the pet store. I have him for about a month now. Thank you again

Attachments

• 20211226_213217.jpg
    20211226_213217.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20211226_213458.jpg
    20211226_213458.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 84

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am sorry, I took a pic of the substrate, I hope you can understand, I don't know how it's called, they gave it to me from the pet store. I have him for about a month now. Thank you again
Ok lets go over your tank --- the lines on the bottom of the belly are stress marks - the half black I am thinking is the same -- what are you using for a UVB - if its a coil they will cause stress marks - they are inadequate for a 40+ gallon tank - you want a long tube fixture like this
24" for a 40 + gallon Zoo Med Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this will come w/a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up distance and placement will be different from the one you need
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO or this fixture
or this one
Sunblaster Nano Tech 24" or 2 ft SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp
these are all good bulb will need to be changed out in approx one yr I recommend a month prior to
Next what are you using for a basking bulb ? NO colored NO off white NO yellowish you need something like this as an example
or one like this https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zoo-med-repti-basking-spot-lamps-100-watts
and you need a digital probe thermometer 2 of them one for the basking side and one for your cool side of the tank
these things I have posted are the post important things in the tank ---
Next please get rid of the snake bedding --- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from your local home improvement store or Walmart - cut it to the size of the tank --- its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --- its more sanitary than loose bedding etc --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Merry Christmas to you & your family!
How is your boy doing today? He definitely has some darkness in his beard & looks to be a little stressed. He could possibly be too hot
or too cold, but as Karrie suggested, try to get a temp gun or digital probe to be sure he is basking at optimal temperatures.
The heating & lighting are very important. Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

dizzzoi

Original Poster
Hello!! Thank you again for your advices.
Today his belly was a little bit better but his beard is still the same. The temprature on the warm side is 98.6 °F and 73.4 °F in the cold side. His was shedding yesterday and he is not eating his vegetables for over a week now (in the contrary his is running when he sees the bugs). I don't know if this is relevant. Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hello!! Thank you again for your advices.
Today his belly was a little bit better but his beard is still the same. The temprature on the warm side is 98.6 °F and 73.4 °F in the cold side. His was shedding yesterday and he is not eating his vegetables for over a week now (in the contrary his is running when he sees the bugs). I don't know if this is relevant. Thank you
Running from the insects or running after them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom