black beard after vet

rango101

So I took my beardie to the vet today for a wellness exam and bloodwork and he was fine. I think maybe he was a little overstimulated though, when I brought him back home he was fine for a while then suddenly while basking he started gaping and blackbearding and freaking out. I put him in his hide and now his beard is starting to look more normal. Could this just be happening because he had a stressful day? It just freaked me out because it happened so suddenly and the stressful event was over.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
So I took my beardie to the vet today for a wellness exam and bloodwork and he was fine. I think maybe he was a little overstimulated though, when I brought him back home he was fine for a while then suddenly while basking he started gaping and blackbearding and freaking out. I put him in his hide and now his beard is starting to look more normal. Could this just be happening because he had a stressful day? It just freaked me out because it happened so suddenly and the stressful event was over.
More than likely- they didn't do an enema did they?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!
Trying to finish setting up my beardie tank. Just gotta connect it to the power.
Okay lol so as I was told my baby was a boy when I rescued him hehe well I took him to my vet and was advised he is a she ! I was thinking of renaming her to Virgo from Toothless any suggestions for names 😊🥰
I am new and looking for a teen beardie. I have been doing a lot of research for about 2 years.
I'm new here but not new to dragons or snakes. Over the 7 years. I opened my heart and home to neglected. unwanted dras and snakes, some critical conditions. Then nursing them back to health and their final family home. I regularly help my reptiles vet with emergency appointments and I also provide the care in my little quenteen,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviaduke
Top Bottom