Bizarre hatch story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmatt

There is a listing on Craigslist for baby dragons.

The lady says she rescued a pair of dragons and the female laid eggs.

She put them in a container so her grandson could take them for show and tell and then intended to freeze them.

Well, apparently she forgot about them and they were left on top of the refrigerator. 3 months later she happened upon them, opened the container, and lo and behold they were hatching! Only 7 of the 16 hatched.

Is this even possible? As much work as goes into keeping the temps and humidity balanced can they really hatch accidentally like that?!

Crazy!

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Could easily happen.... tops of fridge's are warm. If you ever notice if you put bread up there it will spoil twice as fast as on a counter.

jharris08

Juvie Member
I heard of someone putting some eggs in a sandwich baggy and storing them in a drawer underneath a snake enclosure. they forgot they were there and some of the eggs hatched. I guess the warmth from the heat lamps on the snake tank allowed for the incubation. I guess nature takes its course sometimes without our assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom