Bizarre Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a male beardie a little over a year old, I just moved home from the beach a week ago and nothing changed in his cage when we came home same setup, I have a 40 gallon breeder in the 70's on the cool side and the basking spot is 105. Before I left the beach like a month ago all he did was sleep unless I took him out of his cave, but then he would go to bed early and not come out forever, I cleaned his cage really well took up all the tile let him roam in the bathtub for a while and he seemed normal after that. Now that I am home all he does all day long is run from the basking spot to the cool side and run on the glass and then run to the basking spot which has a Light fixture about it with the uvb fluorescent and the basking bulb which has metal mesh screen and he runs onto his basking rock looks up and jumps head first into the screen then smacks his nose and then jumps again but hangs on and then lets go and he repeats this several times he has done more of the jumping into the lights today more then ever thats why I am writing, I am currently building him a 4 by 2 by 2 cage hopefully this will solve the problem but it wont be done for at least a week. He has past history of running on the glass but not this much and when he gets to running around like this i usually take him out and put him in the bathtub I have tried with and with out water but he just sits there, its almost like i need a hamster wheel. Any suggestions or information anything will be helpful for me to better understand.

Bowlshot

One of my bearded dragon does that too. But he recently started it. He wilp run around his cage and try to jump into the glass. He will also try to crawl up the glass like he's scared or something. Hopefully he will be back to his normal self soon. Today he needs to get soaked maybe if I switch things around a bit he will calm down a bit.

bigcahoonas10

Original Poster
So now I put up a poster on the end of his cage and he runs up against the glass less how ever he is jumping on the light more and running into the cage with his nose i am goin to try and get a few videos on youtube

Bowlshot

Does he only Jump at the glass when your in front of the viv. Or do you see it jumping at the glass from a distance. I only ask cause my female started jumping at the glass. Only when I'm in front of the viv. But that's because I recently started to feed them dubias and I use these tongs so every time I'm in fro.t of the viv she thinks its feeding time but she usually stops after about two minutes.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Do you ever let him run around the house? Being put in the bath tub is pretty much like being in a cage, just different scenery. Sounds like he really need to run off some of his energy.

bigcahoonas10

Original Poster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom