Bioactive setup - plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Is a UVB T5 and halogen basking light enough to grow plants for an enclosure? Using an Arcadia 22inch and par38 flood bulb. Currently have some basil, rosemary, and dracena plant.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was able to keep kale alive under tank lighting for quite a while. It didn't grow very quickly but it seemed to stay healthy. I just had it in pots in the tank for Dundee to eat if he wanted it.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've found distance from the lamp makes a big difference. At about a foot away my two bulb grow light is doing splendid for my succulent garden but at 3+ feet away my whole dragon lighting setup wasn't enough to keep greens from getting leggy and sad. A LED flood did a good job though. A dedicated LED, tube or CFL flood might be needed but you might have to try and see what works. Heat generating lights might scorch plants.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've got rosemary in front corner of got side. Basil is on cool side back corner which she loves btw. Just got back from The Home Depot and got a opuntia cactus to add in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom