Bioactive Plant Lighting and Ideas

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have been slowly working to transition my beardies into bioactive setups. My girl is first since she lays eggs. I just added biodudes Terrah Sahara kit into her Kages 4x2x2 enclosure. I have not added critters or plants yet because I need to get lights for plants.
Please answer the following questions about plant lighting:
1. Specifically, what lights do I need to purchase?
2. What length of the enclosure should have direct plant lighting?
3. Where do I mount the lights?
4. How often do they need to be changed?

After I get lighting done I will add plants and critters. Bio dude has suggestions for edible plants but they are mostly green.
I’d like to have a little color like red, orange, etc. this is will not only appealing for me to see but it will help add diversity in her diet. I live in MT and our veggie selection is not like it is in cities, so if I can grow healthy flowers/herbs/plants then my babies will get more nutrients.

What do you recommend I grow for color and nutrients?

I’m so excited, for her setup to be complete! I only have substrate down and already she and I are happier! Wish I wouldn’t have hesitated for so long ❤️🧡💙.

My other two fellas will slowly transition over the next year. It is not cheap getting started so it will take a while.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I don't know a thing about the bio active tanks ( i kill fake plants lol) but i would like to see pics when you get it done :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom