Bioactive Plant Lighting and Ideas

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have been slowly working to transition my beardies into bioactive setups. My girl is first since she lays eggs. I just added biodudes Terrah Sahara kit into her Kages 4x2x2 enclosure. I have not added critters or plants yet because I need to get lights for plants.
Please answer the following questions about plant lighting:
1. Specifically, what lights do I need to purchase?
2. What length of the enclosure should have direct plant lighting?
3. Where do I mount the lights?
4. How often do they need to be changed?

After I get lighting done I will add plants and critters. Bio dude has suggestions for edible plants but they are mostly green.
I’d like to have a little color like red, orange, etc. this is will not only appealing for me to see but it will help add diversity in her diet. I live in MT and our veggie selection is not like it is in cities, so if I can grow healthy flowers/herbs/plants then my babies will get more nutrients.

What do you recommend I grow for color and nutrients?

I’m so excited, for her setup to be complete! I only have substrate down and already she and I are happier! Wish I wouldn’t have hesitated for so long ❤️🧡💙.

My other two fellas will slowly transition over the next year. It is not cheap getting started so it will take a while.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I don't know a thing about the bio active tanks ( i kill fake plants lol) but i would like to see pics when you get it done :)

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom