BIG PROBLEM DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina018

Original Poster
It may be that he jumped at some point and hurt himself, it's a very beautiful tank but very large for a baby. Still, if he's improving then that's great news ! Did you get him from a shop or a breeder ? It's good to start babies or injured ones out in a plastic bin like this, when I was raising babies this type of set up insured that the babies got enough uvb and could not be injured because it's not so tall.
I don't think he jumped, but 99% sure he fell once from the tree in the tank. His back legs stopped working overnight, a week before that he stopped eating.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your design of the tank is excellent, only adjustment would have been to mount the uvb from above so that it projects the uvb straight down to the dragon. But yes, with very small babies it's better to start off in a smaller enclosure so they are sure to get proper uvb and also avoid jumping and possibly hurting themselves. I raised probably over several thousand of them and always used the plastic tubs. No baby ever had a broken bone or even a sprain or lack of uvb. Hopefully your little dragon will heal up O.K ! By the way, I think you said that you are in Serbia, I like to watch the NBA Denver Nuggets basketball team here in the U.S. with Nikola Jokic , what a player he is !

Nina018

Original Poster
Your design of the tank is excellent, only adjustment would have been to mount the uvb from above so that it projects the uvb straight down to the dragon. But yes, with very small babies it's better to start off in a smaller enclosure so they are sure to get proper uvb and also avoid jumping and possibly hurting themselves. I raised probably over several thousand of them and always used the plastic tubs. No baby ever had a broken bone or even a sprain or lack of uvb. Hopefully your little dragon will heal up O.K ! By the way, I think you said that you are in Serbia, I like to watch the NBA Denver Nuggets basketball team here in the U.S. with Nikola Jokic , what a player he is !
Yeah i have hope that he will get better,i will try anything for that.
And yes he is amazing! Love watching him play

Nina018

Original Poster
Just came here to inform you that the bearfie passed away yesterday. He had some stuck poop so i am guessing it is impaction. I don't know how it happend when i cut his worms up so that they were small and i know he didn't eat any sand (tank had paper towels on the bottom).
I have to thank you all for the advice you gave me, and i am so sorry that i killed this little one.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just came here to inform you that the bearfie passed away yesterday. He had some stuck poop so i am guessing it is impaction. I don't know how it happend when i cut his worms up so that they were small and i know he didn't eat any sand (tank had paper towels on the bottom).
I have to thank you all for the advice you gave me, and i am so sorry that i killed this little one.
I'm so sorry, you did your very best to help him and it's not your fault. No way to say exactly what caused it for sure but some animals do release their bowels when they die so I don't think it was for sure an impaction. I know you're heart is broke and I send my deepest sympathy. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom