BIG PROBLEM DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina018

Original Poster
Also,yesterday i wasn't home most of the day and when i came back he had really dark stress marks on his belly. I panicked and picked him up and held him and they just dissapeard. Why was he stressed?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,here is an update. He still won't eat by himself but he isn't spiting them out anymore! He ate 10 worms yesterday and today he ate 7! Here is how i found him this morning.
Did you get a reflector for the UVB ? Its good hes eating -- are you offering any salads? What kind of worms? See if this website will help w/ a reflector for your UVB Arcadia T8 Fluorescent Reflectors

Nina018

Original Poster
Did you get a reflector for the UVB ? Its good hes eating -- are you offering any salads? What kind of worms? See if this website will help w/ a reflector for your UVB Arcadia T8 Fluorescent Reflectors
I still have aluminum foil but am looking for a reflector. That website does not ship to my country unfortunatly. I think super worms,dubias and flour worms? are his diet currently. I offered some carrots and apples but he won't even look at them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I still have aluminum foil but am looking for a reflector. That website does not ship to my country unfortunatly. I think super worms,dubias and flour worms? are his diet currently. I offered some carrots and apples but he won't even look at them.
Offer greens mustard collard turnip or kale along w/ squash like zucchini yellow -- here is link to the nutrition website
Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- what are flour worms? Can you post a pic of one?

Look at these websites and see if you can find something - you may haft to get a whole new fixture w/ the reflector - I posted the Pro T 5 its a great fixture

Nina018

Original Poster
Here are the worms. I will try to get the reflector from one of those sites and thank you for the nutrition website!

Attachments

• Crvi-brasnari_slika_O_12203013.jpg
    Crvi-brasnari_slika_O_12203013.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 94

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here are the worms. I will try to get the reflector from one of those sites and thank you for the nutrition website!
Ok go look and I hope that helps and you can get something from one of them --- the one worm on top is a super worm the one in the middle looks disgusting and I am not sure what it is and the other one is some sort of beetle I am gonna have another person on here look -- @AHBD
have you tried getting some BSFL black soldier fly larvae or silk worms? They are all good staple feeders along w/ dubia roaches and crickets

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Nina, those are all the same insect at different stages of life. The first picture is a mealworm [ or superworm if it's the large type ] The second phase is the pupae, third phase is the beetle which lays the eggs that will hatch as TINY mealworms. How big are the ones you have, be specific. If those worms are too large they can cause impaction, that means he can't pass them through his digestive system and they can press on his spine and cause partial paralysis. All 3 life phases of the mealworm are edible but many reptiles don't like the taste of the beetle.

The aluminum foil will do a good job until you can get a reflector. If your baby is still unable to move well you can set him up in a small "hospital" tank where you have the lights closer to him like this.

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would say that is an improvement though! He looks alert there. Hopefully he will start eating on his own.
So did you hand feed him the worms?
How is his mobility doing? Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Nina018

Original Poster
The worms are about 1cm-1.5cm but i cut them into two pices so he can eat them easier (same with dubias). Every time i feed him, he looks at the worms in the container and moves his head like a dog. Front legs are doing much better, he gets up on them but the back ones usually stay flat to the ground. He moves his back legs if you touch them and he bends them, right one is doing better than the left one.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, that size is fine but don't feed him TOO many at once and be sure he's able to bask at a warm enough temperature, around 38 -40 celsius [105 f. ] Is he pooping regularly ? And can he climb up to bask ? It's good that his front legs work.

Nina018

Original Poster
O.K, that size is fine but don't feed him TOO many at once and be sure he's able to bask at a warm enough temperature, around 38 -40 celsius [105 f. ] Is he pooping regularly ? And can he climb up to bask ? It's good that his front legs work.
He eats 5 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. The temp is 38 and he can climb but usually spend his in the middle (after feeding he basks).

Nina018

Original Poster
I try to give him some dubias but he just spits them out. Looks like he grew sick of them or he is just a picky eater

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Bearded dragons and other lizards get spoiled on mealworms, it's like candy to them. I don't know maybe the dubias are too large or are they also very small ? I wonder if you don't give him any mealworms for a day or so he might go back to eating dubias.

Nina018

Original Poster
Bearded dragons and other lizards get spoiled on mealworms, it's like candy to them. I don't know maybe the dubias are too large or are they also very small ? I wonder if you don't give him any mealworms for a day or so he might go back to eating dubias.
I tried just dubias for a month and he could only eat 2 before he starts spiting them out. If the dubia is bigger than the space between his eyes,i split it into two. Or he just eats the body/lower parts and spits out the head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom