Big posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SAW-THIS-SEVERAL-TODAY-WHEN-TRYING-TO-UPDATE-THREAD.png

Been trying to cut and paste segments of text from Word docs to the thread viewtopic.php?f=33&t=255395

Thought I might have exceeded the char count , but on splitting the big 17 Aug Vic thread , same thing happened.
Was fine for the 16 August updates ( big posts exp NSW , Vic & National/Federal ).

I reset the modem last night thinking perhaps it was an IP to IP issue , but this didn't resolve the issue.

SEEMS I can add small additions of text and images and links , but the board spits the dummy if I try to add a large box of text ( appending this post , and as separate "continuation" post mmm?? strange ).

Is there a new limit on the number of posts per day to any thread from any ONE account ? << SPAM CONTROL SETTING ISSUE >> sees the 2nd or 3rd post as spam ??

Is the board running out of resources because of my big update posts ?

Am I better off simply posting the links to the DROPBOX versions of the Word files ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Do people prefer to see these posted as DROPBOX links to my WORD docx files.

Will be a lot quicker for me with the updates on Australia's 2nd Covid wave = Life Under Lockdown
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=255395
Only changes I'd need to make to my updates is to insert the images in the docx files as viewable images rather than using as img code. ( This will save a minute per image thereabouts too for me .)

And will also save space on the servors this board lives on too I expect.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
seems there is a time interval that the board sets, if the posts are made too soon after a post it spits it out and error.

So I've changed my process, I create the word doc , trying to keep it under 10k characters ( I think this is the limit set for a post ) , then cut and past to the board in a post.

By the time I've processed the next batch news feeds to create the next word doc , enough time has past and the new post is accepted.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are multiple anti spam rules set in place that are there to make it harder for spam bots to post. Typically when a legitimate poster triggers the system it's due to a large or semi large amount of odd characters in the post. These can be something as simple as you using too many quotation marks, too many brackets, etc.

I'm not sure of all of the rules but I'm not sure about why there would be one that allowed you to post the same message but later in the day. I'd guess more than likely, 1 or 2 things got deleted from your original attempt. But I suppose it's possible there is a time based one too.

Next time it happens, make note of the exact time, and email [email protected] with your IP address as shown in the error message, and the time it happened. Alex will be able to look to see what rule(s) were being triggered and from there can decide to either remove the specific rule, or advise you specifically on how not to trigger it again.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kingofnobbys":2ha4j30l said:
Is there a new limit on the number of posts per day to any thread from any ONE account ? << SPAM CONTROL SETTING ISSUE >> sees the 2nd or 3rd post as spam ??
Nope, there is only a limit on how quickly again you may post after just posting. I believe it'sabout 30 seconds.

Is the board running out of resources because of my big update posts ?
Nope, even with the added pictures, text alone doesnt take much resource. The issue is an anti spam rule, but the only way to determine which, is to have alex look like I mentioned in the above post.

Am I better off simply posting the links to the DROPBOX versions of the Word files ?
That would be your choice, although I'd imagine that Alex isnt super fond of people posting links to outside sources (especially if they require a download) simply for user safety. But those arent his words. I haven't seen him speak on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom