Big lump on base of spine? Pics included ****UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
Melissa's beardie does have mbd quite badly which has weakened the bones - apparently her beardie would only have to turn too sharply to injure her back and that appears to be what has happened so it's a fracture caused by mbd.

I would advise seeing a vet if yours has a similar lump because it may be the vet could do something for the fracture (each one is different) or it may be that your beardie has serious mbd like Melissa's and needs calcium and D3 treatment. I don't think assuming it's just a break you don't need to do anything about because that's what's happened to ub003's beardie is a good idea at all.

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
I believe any lump like that should be checked. My Sydney's started out smaller then got bigger. Now it is extremely noticable and the vet's not sure she will pull through this. So, please make sure you get him checked out.

bertis01

my beardie had the same problem, she fractured her spine somehow, possibly jumping off her logs chasing crickets. Luckily, like ub003 it hasnt seem to affect her.

How did her bones look on the xray? maybe she's having problems absorbing calcium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom