Big blue bearded dragons...¿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkoshi

Hello everyone. I am getting into breeding beardies and I have a female trans with pp blood named Chromie and this guy named Gary I got from petsmart in may... wondering if he is a specific type of dragon.. the 'store leader'at petsmart said their private breeder supplies all of canadian petsmarts and it's their only supplier. They are all tested and she says the breeder captures them from the wild in places they are invading like Mexico and Florida and Texas and have established wild colonies... anyways he is 4-5months oldish and 300g+(I spoil him :mrgreen: ) 16+ inches and has long spikes. Very vibrant bluey lavender purple sides. Cheers
GARY
full

full

full

full

full

full

Darkoshi

Original Poster
Sweet thanks! I hope his babies inherit the blue it's totally rad. (His sleeping color mostly it turns dark / dull grey color as well) his spike all turn black with beard occasionally, like if you pour ice water on him on a hawt day.. its soooooo kewl looking will have to get a pic up

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Darkoshi":248y4rza said:
Sweet thanks! I hope his babies inherit the blue it's totally rad. (His sleeping color mostly it turns dark / dull grey color as well) his spike all turn black with beard occasionally, like if you pour ice water on him on a hawt day.. its soooooo kewl looking will have to get a pic up

Nice colors! I wouldn't be pouring ice water on him though. As long as they have both a basking area around 105*F and a cooler area around 80*F that he can go to in his cage, they are good at regulating their own temperature. Same comments for outside- if he has access to full sun and shade, you'll find him going back & forth depending on how he's feeling temp-wise.

Darkoshi

Original Poster
He literally never moves out of the sun, he opens his mouth so I pour water on him and he chills out. I move him in the shade after an hour at most for breaks.

This is his spot. He has never jumped off this ledge, it's mostly sun all day.
full

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Darkoshi":155iygwv said:
Hello everyone. I am getting into breeding beardies and I have a female trans with pp blood named Chromie and this guy named Gary I got from petsmart in may... wondering if he is a specific type of dragon.. the 'store leader'at petsmart said their private breeder supplies all of canadian petsmarts and it's their only supplier. They are all tested and she says the breeder captures them from the wild in places they are invading like Mexico and Florida and Texas and have established wild colonies... anyways he is 4-5months oldish and 300g+(I spoil him :mrgreen: ) 16+ inches and has long spikes. Very vibrant bluey lavender purple sides. Cheers
GARY
Just what breeder is this? Because I did some research and there aren't any Wild bearded dragons in Mexico, Florida, and Texas. The environment just isn't right for them, AND beardies don't have wild colonies even out in the wild in Australia. They are solitary creatures and typically only come together to mate and then they part their ways. I'm sorry to say but I think your petstore has fed you some wrong information. He just looks like a normal morph to me.

Darkoshi":155iygwv said:
Also I would never recommend pouring ice water on your beardie, It could drastically change their body temp which could cause many problems, just don't do it. The all black beard is him showing signs of distress because beardies usually aren't the biggest fans of water, and on top of that it's ice cold? Please just don't do that.

Darkoshi

Original Poster
I know I found lackluster info about wild beardies in north america/she sounded like a coot.. that's just what the 'store leader' told me after asking where they get their dragons because I filed a complaint about a moldy looking one there and asked what breeder supplies them? She says she cant give his identity, But.... Good to know about teh water though lawl. I saturate the Gary like f00k whooopzidaizy.. he just closing his eyes for a sec and smiles slyly. I figured he enjoys it

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
HippieLizards":hz9nn84m said:
Just what breeder is this? Because I did some research and there aren't any Wild bearded dragons in Mexico, Florida, and Texas.

Yeah... especially Florida--the humidity would kill them (from respiratory infections) in short order, assuming they weren't eaten by the invasive Burmese Pythons first.

GoHerping tried to get info on PetSmart's reptile breeders a little over a year ago.
Calling 84 PetSmarts - Where do they actually get reptiles?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO8TT_JJslU

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
MrSpectrum":39qx38nm said:
HippieLizards":39qx38nm said:
Just what breeder is this? Because I did some research and there aren't any Wild bearded dragons in Mexico, Florida, and Texas.

Yeah... especially Florida--the humidity would kill them (from respiratory infections) in short order, assuming they weren't eaten by the invasive Burmese Pythons first.

GoHerping tried to get info on PetSmart's reptile breeders a little over a year ago.
Calling 84 PetSmarts - Where do they actually get reptiles?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO8TT_JJslU
Yes indeed, Exactly my point.

Oh yes Goherping! I remember that video, I've actually met Alex once at a repticon, Excellent video. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom