Best (Healthiest) temporary set up for Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I am taking Spike along with me to work during the upcoming Halloween costume contest. I was going to come back home, pick him up, and then later take him home. I am now thinking this may not be possible, if by some chance I am able to I will, but I also want to be prepared for a just-in-case that I am unable to. I have to set up, run the event, and clean up afterwards.

I am thinking of taking an extra 10 gallon I have, laying some carpet on the bottom, and putting one of his basking logs in their. My concern is in the matter of heat and UVB. I don't know if I will be able to supply him with both while he is at my job (although I could just take his UVB light with me!). Which is more important? Which can he go without and be okay for a few hours or so? What would be the best way to heat him during this period? Should I take his heat lamp, or for this period will an under tank heat pad be okay?

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. He is going to be dressed up as well, and I thought I could "display" him when and if I am unable to hold him, which I am hoping to do most of the time.

Thanks

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I don't think you will have any problems at all with your beardie, sounds like it will be mostly stressful on you more than anything. I take Vyllyn to work once a week and have a clamp light with a standard bulb in it clamped to my hutch. He sits on my desk under it the entire time he is there, except when he walks across to the other side of my desk to poo on a flyer. It keeps him warm and I take him outside a couple times during the day for sunlight. When he was smaller I had a plastic bin setup with a piece of slate tile in the bottom but he doesn't run around any more. It's not gonna hurt him to not have UV for a partial day. Plus I always feed him before I leave and bring greens along. And he loves riding in the car. Have fun! Cheryl

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
I guess one main question is...Are you going to be inside or outside? And how old is it where you are? I live in Louisiana so, our cold nights right now is 70 F :lol: You will need heat if it drops below 70 F I believe. I'm not an expert, just thought I would throw the question in there for everyone else :)

kirby

Extreme Poster
im taking my dragon to work tomorrow. i will be holding him for customers to see most of the day (its only a four hour shift) my main worry is whether he will let me hold him for that long.. LOL

in our staff room, i plan to have a storage tub and a clamp lamp. paper towel in the bottom. simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom