Best color to light my room at night with.

Jaretr

Beardie name(s)
Hops, Chuck Norris, and Kush
I’m obviously awake at hours my beardies aren’t and whenever this is the case I try to make sure they’re covered with their blankets or at least their tanks are covered but sometimes they come out from under their blankets and I’m wondering if there’s a certain color I should put my LED’s on to reduce the strain on them. I have the brightness down as low as possible while still lighting the room but I’m hoping for some advice.
P.s. my beardies do take naps here and there during the day but nothing excessive so I’m pretty sure they’re sleeping fine im just a worried dad.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Avoid red and absolutely avoid blue.
Blue is the color in the spectrum that triggers the body to strat waking up, as far as i know its that way for every animal us included.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Black out curtain or draping something over the tank is really your only good option.

Remember, dragons have an extra cone in their eyes, meaning they likely see much more of the light spectrum than humans do, and most likely in a much more vivid sense. What might look dim and non-chaotic to us, could be a completely different story for them.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom