Being in escape mode?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
So it's almost midnight I'm laying here trying to sleep and I hear this thump coming from my room. Then it happened again and I immediately recognized that the sound was from my beardies enclosure. I jump up and uncover the enclosure and I slide the door open and my Amber BOLTED. I freaked out and gently held her till she realized I was holding her and she calmed down. I stripped the enclosure and found a medium sized cricket from bug day yesterday. Did it startle her and she freaked out? Or did the cricket bite her and she went in to escape mode.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh wow I guess you never know, the cricket might have bitten her or scared her if she was sleeping,
absolutely.
I hope she was able to get back to sleep after that. Maybe check her tank before bedtime to be sure
there aren't any stray crickets running around.

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If my beardies are out with us when they drift off to sleep they aren't very jumpy when i move them. But if they fall asleep in their habitats and i move them most of the time it startles them and scares them. I think they know the habitat is their safe place, so if something disturbs them it scares them.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If my beardies are out with us when they drift off to sleep they aren't very jumpy when i move them. But if they fall asleep in their habitats and i move them most of the time it startles them and scares them. I think they know the habitat is their safe place, so if something disturbs them it scares them.
They are generally fine with me if they fall asleep they sometimes don't even seem to bother getting startled. But I think you are right she got wicked spooked because it's lights out at 8pm. She got spooked 4 hrs later I felt so bad after this incident

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Oh wow I guess you never know, the cricket might have bitten her or scared her if she was sleeping,
absolutely.
I hope she was able to get back to sleep after that. Maybe check her tank before bedtime to be sure
there aren't any stray crickets running around.

Tracie
That's the thing I didn't see it in her enclosure I had to literally shake her decor to find him. I'm thinking it startled her since she was sound asleep when she freaked out. She thankfully went back to bed I stayed up a bit to make sure she was ok and she could sleep

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom