Bees

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbradford

I had Simon out on the lawn, he loves the clover, and after eating a couple of leaves and flowers he went into "stalk" mode. He had attracted the attention of the garden birds and they were all giving there alarm calls, and some of them came quite close to investigate. He then proceeded to eat two bees in quick succesion! I watched him to see if he showed any signs of having been stung, but he just licked his lips and proceeded to stalk and eat another one. The bees were collecting off the clover flowers and it's amazing how after these three had disappeared, the bees stopped coming to that patch of lawn and clover. Simon shows no after effects except disapointment that there were no more bees! I suppose that in nature they are bound to eat stinging insects at times. Not that I'll make a habit of doing this but I'm not as concerned as I was about the beardies accidentally eating bees before seeing this happen.

winq

how old is simon? if he is an adult i see no problem eating bees.. i think his digesting system is no problem for him.. :D

mbradford

Original Poster
Simon is only about 6 months old, but he's much bigger than Stitch who is about the same age. Here's a picture of him earning his keep!

Image134.jpg

The scarecrow watches over the whole veggie garden, but is right by the strawberry patch, a strawberry broken up is a loved treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom