Been lazy now having issues walking after vet visit

Jessss

I’ve been giving her a warm bath every few days since she got sick. She drinks some water when in the tub. I take her outside daily when warm for about an hour or so to get some fresh air and sun. Today I had her out she ate some watermelon and I’ve been giving her a few worms every couple days to keep her energy up. Then I put her in her cage under the uv light and basking light for awhile. I also have a uv bulb hooked above where she sleeps so she gets a little of that on her back and tail until I go to bed. I’m hoping her blood work comes back tomorrow but since it’s a holiday it may not. I found out another vet is going to be seeing exotic animals starting on the 6th but I’m not waiting that long. Been asking around a few places and looking at places online within a 2 hour drive. I just hope everything works out. Her legs that has issues she seems to try to use a little more in the tub so hopefully they are getting stronger again, she was using them to prop up her head some but I don’t know if she was just Putting pressure on the one. If the vet don’t call tomorrow I’m calling any vet I can get into and I want another ultrasound and X-ray don’t to see if there is a change and check her leg.
Hi! Hope your girly is feeling a bit better? It’s a good sign she’s still eating,I worry about her leg because I’ve heard about eggs pressing on the spinal cord (or some nerve) and it causes paralysis in the back legs.The twitching of her leg or it seeming like it’s weaker worries me that something is pushing on her nerves.It does happen with egg bound beardies,it can start out as partial paralysis and then get worse and cause full paralysis of the back legs.There’s another thread on here called “Clyde has preovulatory follicular statis” which is good for information and was recently spayed due to follicles like your girl has id have a look at that if you’re able.I really do hope she feels better soon,the outside time is great for her as long as she doesn’t seem upset or uncomfortable I would keep up with it.At night if you want to keep her a little warmer you can can a ceramic heat emitter,it will warm her up without any light so she can sleep peacefully! Should also help fight off any infection if she is kept warmer at night but again depends on your house temps overnight! I would
Call your original vet today and explain to them you never had a chance to see ultrasound and need to see it or have a repeat done this week.It sounds horrible but even if you make her sound a little worse than she actually is it might prompt them to get her in.Unfortunately with reptiles especially our little ones it seems like most vets have the wait and see mentality which is not the right option in this situation.Hope your girl is feeling better and you’re feeling better as well,it’s an awfully stressing situation.When bee was spayed I spent about 2 weeks crying and felt like I’d been hit by a train even now I’m very paranoid about her and check her a ridiculous amount 😕I’ll be keeping your girl in my thoughts 💞 Also wanted to add,the baths probably give her some relief form the pain/discomfort.It helps relax her belly and would provide some relief I believe (same concept if someone was on their period and wanted a hot shower or hot water bottle?) don’t want to over do it with baths but I think that should be helping her a lot.How have a her poops been? Can you feel any eggs in her belly? If you think it’ll hurt or upset her then don’t feel but if you can very very gently just feel over and around her belly and you might be able to feel eggs/little Marbles.We couldn’t feel them with bee as the shells hadn’t formed which is why the vets didn’t believe it was eggs to start with.One last thing when she sees the other vets please make sure they’re really gentle with her especially her belly,if she has eggs and someone is too rough it may cause one to burst which is fatal.

Last edited:

Jessss

Her legs that has issues she seems to try to use a little more in the tub so hopefully they are getting stronger again, she was using them to prop up her head some but I don’t know if she was just Putting pressure on the one. If the vet don’t call tomorrow I’m calling any vet I can get into and I want another ultrasound and X-ray don’t to see if there is a change and check her leg.
If possible please try to ask to see ultrasound or be present when she has it done.I always stick with mine at the vets as I worry about them getting manhandled by someone who isn’t familiar with them or handling.As I say I would probably call original vets and explain you’re not happy with the fact she’s been sent home when she’s obviously not well and she needs to be seen again today! Or latest this week.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, the whitish color on her snout is shed, so no worries!
How is she doing today?
I agree, if she continues to be off, just closely monitor her & be ready to get her back in so she
doesn't end up having complications. If follicles are forming, she may not necessarily develop or
shell the eggs as sometimes they do absorb eggs on occasion instead of laying eggs.
An ultrasound if possible, would be very helpful!
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Hi! Hope your girly is feeling a bit better? It’s a good sign she’s still eating,I worry about her leg because I’ve heard about eggs pressing on the spinal cord (or some nerve) and it causes paralysis in the back legs.The twitching of her leg or it seeming like it’s weaker worries me that something is pushing on her nerves.It does happen with egg bound beardies,it can start out as partial paralysis and then get worse and cause full paralysis of the back legs.There’s another thread on here called “Clyde has preovulatory follicular statis” which is good for information and was recently spayed due to follicles like your girl has id have a look at that if you’re able.I really do hope she feels better soon,the outside time is great for her as long as she doesn’t seem upset or uncomfortable I would keep up with it.At night if you want to keep her a little warmer you can can a ceramic heat emitter,it will warm her up without any light so she can sleep peacefully! Should also help fight off any infection if she is kept warmer at night but again depends on your house temps overnight! I would
Call your original vet today and explain to them you never had a chance to see ultrasound and need to see it or have a repeat done this week.It sounds horrible but even if you make her sound a little worse than she actually is it might prompt them to get her in.Unfortunately with reptiles especially our little ones it seems like most vets have the wait and see mentality which is not the right option in this situation.Hope your girl is feeling better and you’re feeling better as well,it’s an awfully stressing situation.When bee was spayed I spent about 2 weeks crying and felt like I’d been hit by a train even now I’m very paranoid about her and check her a ridiculous amount 😕I’ll be keeping your girl in my thoughts 💞 Also wanted to add,the baths probably give her some relief form the pain/discomfort.It helps relax her belly and would provide some relief I believe (same concept if someone was on their period and wanted a hot shower or hot water bottle?) don’t want to over do it with baths but I think that should be helping her a lot.How have a her poops been? Can you feel any eggs in her belly? If you think it’ll hurt or upset her then don’t feel but if you can very very gently just feel over and around her belly and you might be able to feel eggs/little Marbles.We couldn’t feel them with bee as the shells hadn’t formed which is why the vets didn’t believe it was eggs to start with.One last thing when she sees the other vets please make sure they’re really gentle with her especially her belly,if she has eggs and someone is too rough it may cause one to burst which is fatal.
Thank you for all the help and info.

It seems a lot of Zillas issue is her front leg so I keep checking on it and watching the others as best I can. She has tried to walk on it a little more today. When she got hot she shuffled her self down in the cage some. Outside where she set on me in the sun last couple days and only moved up if she got hot she wanted on the ground a bit. She struggled maybe 5-6 steps and went to the shade beside me and just laid there the rest of the time. Her going to the bathroom looks normal to me but since she’ll only go in the tub it’s hard to tell if it’s runny or not, for most part it seems solid.

I try feeling her belly a few times a day but I can’t feel anything. To me it just feels like a water balloon or stress ball I guess would be better ways to describe it. Nothing marble like I can find while she lets me feel it. My house does get cold but She has a pillow with a heated blanket on it that I turn on multiple times a night to warm up for her if it gets to cold, a small space heater facing her that I also turn on and off depending on the temp. I do have a ceramic heater around I’m just afraid right now it’s get to hot and she not able to move if I left it on and the blanket and heater will shut off by them selves after running a bit. Thought that way it may also feel better on her stomach with the blanket under her. This way I can keep more an eye on her though it the night while she’s not feeling well.

I also called the vet today. I have another appointment in the morning to look at her legs and see what they think. I tried calling a few other vets but they are close because of the holiday. Hopefully I find out something tomorrow or I’m defiantly getting her a different vet asap.

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
If possible please try to ask to see ultrasound or be present when she has it done.I always stick with mine at the vets as I worry about them getting manhandled by someone who isn’t familiar with them or handling.As I say I would probably call original vets and explain you’re not happy with the fact she’s been sent home when she’s obviously not well and she needs to be seen again today! Or latest this week.
I’ll be honest all of it happened so fast I never even thought about going in with her. The. It was just so much to take in that i was just so blown away that I didn’t think about what we need to do to move forward. I have an appointment with them again on the morning to look at her legs and hopefully they will do another X-ray and ultrasound and I’ll tey my best to see it one way or another.

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Hello,

Yes, the whitish color on her snout is shed, so no worries!
How is she doing today?
I agree, if she continues to be off, just closely monitor her & be ready to get her back in so she
doesn't end up having complications. If follicles are forming, she may not necessarily develop or
shell the eggs as sometimes they do absorb eggs on occasion instead of laying eggs.
An ultrasound if possible, would be very helpful!
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie
She seemed to try to walk more today when she got hot in the cage she slid down to a cooler spot. She also wanted on the ground when we were outside but she only took 4-5 steps struggling and got on the shade beside me and just stayed there. Last few days she just allayed on me and crawled up a step or two when we were out to get out of the sun. So hopefully that’s a sign she’s getting better to some extent. They took an X-ray and ultrasound last Mon but I guess was just so in shock I never thought about asking to see it. The plan originally was they wanted to wait and do another on the 15th to see. That seems way to far out for me. I did mange to get her an appointment tomorrow morning because I said I was concerned still and they need to look at her legs so hopefully they’ll do the tests agains and maybe blood work will be back. I’m definitely going to ask to either go in with her or see them if they won’t let me. I’ll also be looking at another vet if they don’t want to do anything and push stuff off further.

Thanks for your help and advice. I’ll post what I find out tomorrow

Jessss

Thank you for all the help and info.

It seems a lot of Zillas issue is her front leg so I keep checking on it and watching the others as best I can. She has tried to walk on it a little more today. When she got hot she shuffled her self down in the cage some. Outside where she set on me in the sun last couple days and only moved up if she got hot she wanted on the ground a bit. She struggled maybe 5-6 steps and went to the shade beside me and just laid there the rest of the time. Her going to the bathroom looks normal to me but since she’ll only go in the tub it’s hard to tell if it’s runny or not, for most part it seems solid.

I try feeling her belly a few times a day but I can’t feel anything. To me it just feels like a water balloon or stress ball I guess would be better ways to describe it. Nothing marble like I can find while she lets me feel it. My house does get cold but She has a pillow with a heated blanket on it that I turn on multiple times a night to warm up for her if it gets to cold, a small space heater facing her that I also turn on and off depending on the temp. I do have a ceramic heater around I’m just afraid right now it’s get to hot and she not able to move if I left it on and the blanket and heater will shut off by them selves after running a bit. Thought that way it may also feel better on her stomach with the blanket under her. This way I can keep more an eye on her though it the night while she’s not feeling well.

I also called the vet today. I have another appointment in the morning to look at her legs and see what they think. I tried calling a few other vets but they are close because of the holiday. Hopefully I find out something tomorrow or I’m defiantly getting her a different vet asap.
Hi,
Sorry I didn’t realise it was her front leg that was the problem! I’m not sure if that would be caused from eggs or the follicles as it’s usually the back legs.Either way it seems likely linked the the fact she’s unwell from carrying follicles.Very well done to you that you’ve managed to get her seen so much sooner! It will all help with her recovery.The fact she’s still moving and eating at all is a good sign and shows she’s got some energy and wants to get better.When they’re getting worse from follicles or eggs they normally shut down,get really lethargic and won’t eat.I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t let you in while she’s having the ultrasound but if they don’t let you they should 100% let you see the scan.Sometimes it pays to be pushy/persistent,I only got seen the next day by my vet because I rang up and kicked up a big fuss.You’re the only person who knows if your girl is not right,you know her better than anyone else always trust your gut! Let us know how it goes,very glad you’ve got them to see her sooner! 💞

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Just got back from the vet. I guess I’ll start form the beginning.

Bloodwork was back and shows high white blood cell count so they gave her an injection of antibiotic to try and treat it and sent me home with 9 needless to give her. One shot every 72 hours but since I’m a little worried they said I can bring her back in if they have someone working that day who works with reptiles to do it for me.

She also has a lot of calcium buildup in her blood and they are worried the follicles are stealing it from other parts of her body like her legs. That’s why she’s having issues walking and having tremors. she gave a shot of calcium today and told me to keep giving her the oral starting again tomorrow until She finishes it.

They did do another ultrasound and she took pictures to show me I do have a copy I took of them on her phone. She says they don’t look like there is a change and there is a lot of them. She says a few look like they may have fluid buildup in them but it’s hard to know for sure. We kept the appointment for the 15th incase I need it for another ultrasound. She said with the antibiotic and the calcium I could wait and see if it helps or she would recommend surgery sooner then later.

I talked to her and she said she only did 2. One she just saw again awhile ago and is doing great. The other had a bad infection going in to surgery and made it though but passed away from its health issues a few weeks later. She said she could probally get me in as soon as Mon if I want to do it. Or she could give me a referral to Avets in Monroville pa. Unfortunately she doesn’t know how long it would take to get me in. They’d have to receive the paperwork and look it over then probably schedule me for a basic appointment when they can see me before even talking about surgery. I looked online and the reviews are not that great for that location so that kind of worries me also.

Edit: just got an appointment set up with another vet on the 7th for a second opinion. This place previously never had reptile care only cats and dogs. He starts on the 6th and the receptionist said she heard good things about him and he will do some surgeries but not sure wha kind yet.

Attachments

• 109F9EF1-7919-479A-96E4-9D2868846B5E.jpeg
    109F9EF1-7919-479A-96E4-9D2868846B5E.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 68
  • D81BFCFD-524C-4556-AE23-BE04CBD290D0.jpeg
    D81BFCFD-524C-4556-AE23-BE04CBD290D0.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 63
  • A6C045DB-5859-49D0-9BC9-15DD0AE960ED.jpeg
    A6C045DB-5859-49D0-9BC9-15DD0AE960ED.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 983595DF-5043-4D0A-8793-CFBD27742733.jpeg
    983595DF-5043-4D0A-8793-CFBD27742733.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 61
  • D6B5F59D-D3E8-49E7-A524-362E55BE9E2A.jpeg
    D6B5F59D-D3E8-49E7-A524-362E55BE9E2A.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Jessss

Just got back from the vet. I guess I’ll start form the beginning.

Bloodwork was back and shows high white blood cell count so they gave her an injection of antibiotic to try and treat it and sent me home with 9 needless to give her. One shot every 72 hours but since I’m a little worried they said I can bring her back in if they have someone working that day who works with reptiles to do it for me.

She also has a lot of calcium buildup in her blood and they are worried the follicles are stealing it from other parts of her body like her legs. That’s why she’s having issues walking and having tremors. she gave a shot of calcium today and told me to keep giving her the oral starting again tomorrow until She finishes it.

They did do another ultrasound and she took pictures to show me I do have a copy I took of them on her phone. She says they don’t look like there is a change and there is a lot of them. She says a few look like they may have fluid buildup in them but it’s hard to know for sure. We kept the appointment for the 15th incase I need it for another ultrasound. She said with the antibiotic and the calcium I could wait and see if it helps or she would recommend surgery sooner then later.

I talked to her and she said she only did 2. One she just saw again awhile ago and is doing great. The other had a bad infection going in to surgery and made it though but passed away from its health issues a few weeks later. She said she could probally get me in as soon as Mon if I want to do it. Or she could give me a referral to Avets in Monroville pa. Unfortunately she doesn’t know how long it would take to get me in. They’d have to receive the paperwork and look it over then probably schedule me for a basic appointment when they can see me before even talking about surgery. I looked online and the reviews are not that great for that location so that kind of worries me also.
Hi!
I’m so glad she’s been seen! It’s very good she’s getting meds now,the calcium will help her a lot and the antibiotics will help keep any infection at bay or at least help start fighting it.Either way she’s in a much better situation now than she was before,I would stick with the vet you’re with now.The vet that spayed bee had only ever spayed one other reptile,that was a chameleon! I would personally book surgery as soon as possible,I feel as though this is a only get worse the longer you wait situation.The question is will it inevitably end in surgery or are they waiting to see if the are reabsorbed? I would ask to book surgery for asap but see if they’re able to do another ultrasound before surgery the same day.At least then they can see if things are the same,worse or better.At least we know the reason for her legs acting strange,she will be feeling a lot better with the meds bless her.If there is fluid build up I would be more inclined to suggest surgery quicker,if one pops it would be really bad.There’s a lot for you to think about but overall I think if you leave it and she doesn’t have the surgery she will get worse,the longer you wait the riskier surgery is if she gets an infection prior to surgery.Her appetite may be a bit iffy with the meds but I’d offer soft foods(waxworms are a welcomed treat at times like this :) ) and slurries.Please do keep us update with any news,any questions about the spay or surgery please do ask and I’ll answer as best as I can from bees experience! Sorry for ridiculously long reply,always happy to see an update!

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Hi!
I’m so glad she’s been seen! It’s very good she’s getting meds now,the calcium will help her a lot and the antibiotics will help keep any infection at bay or at least help start fighting it.Either way she’s in a much better situation now than she was before,I would stick with the vet you’re with now.The vet that spayed bee had only ever spayed one other reptile,that was a chameleon! I would personally book surgery as soon as possible,I feel as though this is a only get worse the longer you wait situation.The question is will it inevitably end in surgery or are they waiting to see if the are reabsorbed? I would ask to book surgery for asap but see if they’re able to do another ultrasound before surgery the same day.At least then they can see if things are the same,worse or better.At least we know the reason for her legs acting strange,she will be feeling a lot better with the meds bless her.If there is fluid build up I would be more inclined to suggest surgery quicker,if one pops it would be really bad.There’s a lot for you to think about but overall I think if you leave it and she doesn’t have the surgery she will get worse,the longer you wait the riskier surgery is if she gets an infection prior to surgery.Her appetite may be a bit iffy with the meds but I’d offer soft foods(waxworms are a welcomed treat at times like this :) ) and slurries.Please do keep us update with any news,any questions about the spay or surgery please do ask and I’ll answer as best as I can from bees experience! Sorry for ridiculously long reply,always happy to see an update!
Don’t apologies you’ve been very helpful. Everyone on here has. I’m glad I stumbled across the forums. Just searching online was horrible because one article says something and another was saying something so different I didn’t know what to trust. The vet said we could try and wait with the antibiotics and calcium she may start feeling better and the follicles could be absorbed or shrink once she starts to feel better. But again that’s just a chance so I don’t want to wait to long to see. I understand about wanting to get her in there asap but I’m considering waiting until she at least gets some of her antibiotics in her so she has less chance of getting sick or a worse infection on top of the surgery. I feel like that would be extremely tuff on her and lower her chances of success. I’m just trying to consider everything at the moment. I’m honestly terrified at the thought so trying to consider everything. I’ll try some wax worms I’ve never used them before she may do well with them. For the slurries I’ll have to do for her veggies since she fights me over them lol. Is their any particular things that you used that made yours seem to like them more? I am going to get a second opinion though just to be safe and make absolutely sure there is no other options.

Jessss

Don’t apologies you’ve been very helpful. Everyone on here has. I’m glad I stumbled across the forums. Just searching online was horrible because one article says something and another was saying something so different I didn’t know what to trust. The vet said we could try and wait with the antibiotics and calcium she may start feeling better and the follicles could be absorbed or shrink once she starts to feel better. But again that’s just a chance so I don’t want to wait to long to see. I understand about wanting to get her in there asap but I’m considering waiting until she at least gets some of her antibiotics in her so she has less chance of getting sick or a worse infection on top of the surgery. I feel like that would be extremely tuff on her and lower her chances of success. I’m just trying to consider everything at the moment. I’m honestly terrified at the thought so trying to consider everything. I’ll try some wax worms I’ve never used them before she may do well with them. For the slurries I’ll have to do for her veggies since she fights me over them lol. Is their any particular things that you used that made yours seem to like them more? I am going to get a second opinion though just to be safe and make absolutely sure there is no other options.
Hi!
I’m glad I can be of some help :) and yes this forum/website has been amazing! Unfortunately,the issue with the eggs/follicles is that even with the antibiotics if they stay inside her and go bad the antibiotics won’t help much.With this as long as she has the stuff inside of her she’s open to more infection.The initial infection/worry is the fact the follicles are there and looking in danger of bursting or going bad! I get what you’re saying 100% but the antibiotics are there to help fight and prevent infections which they won’t be able to do if the problem is still persistent and still there.Again I get what the vet is saying about maybe they’ll absorb back but if they’ve hadn’t changed since the last ultrasound on the new ultrasound I doubt they will change much.All my 4 love there greens surprisingly! You can try putting some worms/her insects on her greens and she may go for them and accidentally get some greens as well😂,others have had success with bee pollen! You can also but premade powdered slurries that you mix with water,most are made with extra nutrients and contain a lot of things we wouldn’t be able to offer! Arcadia omnigold mix is always offered to my guys if unwell and is offered regularly once a week! There are other ones you can look at as well which may be more palatable for your girl :) with the greens id shred them up or break them up in small pieces and get her to eat them slowly if you can! A strange but of info is some of them do not like the slurries! As with any thing some love it and some act like it’s poison,many a time I’ve had to rangle bee to her get her to have some slurry!Btw Bee was originally seen on the Monday and emergency spayed the same week on Thursday,it was such a big decision that I had to make so quickly as one looked like it was going to burst(which it did burst during surgery).Again I understand you want to wait/hold of surgery and I know it’s a very stressful and terrifying decision but the longer you wait the higher chance of infection and higher risk rate for surgery she will have,I do not mean to come across abrupt or harsh but it’s a very time sensitive issue! Please keep us updated and any questions feel free to ask! 💞

Jessss

Hi!
I’m glad I can be of some help :) and yes this forum/website has been amazing! Unfortunately,the issue with the eggs/follicles is that even with the antibiotics if they stay inside her and go bad the antibiotics won’t help much.With this as long as she has the stuff inside of her she’s open to more infection.The initial infection/worry is the fact the follicles are there and looking in danger of bursting or going bad! I get what you’re saying 100% but the antibiotics are there to help fight and prevent infections which they won’t be able to do if the problem is still persistent and still there.Again I get what the vet is saying about maybe they’ll absorb back but if they’ve hadn’t changed since the last ultrasound on the new ultrasound I doubt they will change much.All my 4 love there greens surprisingly! You can try putting some worms/her insects on her greens and she may go for them and accidentally get some greens as well😂,others have had success with bee pollen! You can also but premade powdered slurries that you mix with water,most are made with extra nutrients and contain a lot of things we wouldn’t be able to offer! Arcadia omnigold mix is always offered to my guys if unwell and is offered regularly once a week! There are other ones you can look at as well which may be more palatable for your girl :) with the greens id shred them up or break them up in small pieces and get her to eat them slowly if you can! A strange but of info is some of them do not like the slurries! As with any thing some love it and some act like it’s poison,many a time I’ve had to rangle bee to her get her to have some slurry!Btw Bee was originally seen on the Monday and emergency spayed the same week on Thursday,it was such a big decision that I had to make so quickly as one looked like it was going to burst(which it did burst during surgery).Again I understand you want to wait/hold of surgery and I know it’s a very stressful and terrifying decision but the longer you wait the higher chance of infection and higher risk rate for surgery she will have,I do not mean to come across abrupt or harsh but it’s a very time sensitive issue! Please keep us updated and any questions feel free to ask! 💞
Last little add on! With the slurries obviously if she hates it then don’t force it,bee hates it but my other boy Terence loves it and will actively come and get some.As always be careful with aspiration and offer the slurry slowly, a few droplets on the end of her nose so she can get a taste of it.It’s a great way to keep her hydrated as well and you can also get some slurries that turn into a jelly/gel that are easier for some to eat! Repashy (think that’s the brand) do some good powdered food as well! Most brands can be made to suit the dragon,if she needs it more liquidated you can make it the way you like. :))

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Last little add on! With the slurries obviously if she hates it then don’t force it,bee hates it but my other boy Terence loves it and will actively come and get some.As always be careful with aspiration and offer the slurry slowly, a few droplets on the end of her nose so she can get a taste of it.It’s a great way to keep her hydrated as well and you can also get some slurries that turn into a jelly/gel that are easier for some to eat! Repashy (think that’s the brand) do some good powdered food as well! Most brands can be made to suit the dragon,if she needs it more liquidated you can make it the way you like. :))
I’m try some of that. I ordered some pollen last night and rephasy grub pie to try. She’s had both of them before I believe. The grub pie may be a different brand I’m not 100% sure. I’ve tried mixing bugs with her greens so many times and she’s smart to say the least. She waits until they come out and manages to avoid all the greens.

That one thing this vet has me so confused. One min she says it’d be better to do the surgery sooner than we thought, then let’s make sure she get some of her antibiotics in her before we consider surgery and she’s prefer it to have some in her. then she turns around and says we’ll do another ultrasound on the 15th since we already had that set up. Then she’s like she may be able to get her in Mon if she wasn’t booked up. So it’s like she’s all over the place..I’ll talk to the vet again Fri when I take her for another shot and try to set up a date.

What’s the after care like? I read take everything out of her cage but paper towels or newspaper but do I not have anything for her to hide in if she gets hot? I assume I can’t really handle her so how do I give meds because she wants to fight me now? Especially if I’m driving her to the vet every 72 hours for her antibiotic is that an issue? I'm sorry i keep asking you all this stuff. Just trying to figure stuff out in advance.

Jessss

I’m try some of that. I ordered some pollen last night and rephasy grub pie to try. She’s had both of them before I believe. The grub pie may be a different brand I’m not 100% sure. I’ve tried mixing bugs with her greens so many times and she’s smart to say the least. She waits until they come out and manages to avoid all the greens.

That one thing this vet has me so confused. One min she says it’d be better to do the surgery sooner than we thought, then let’s make sure she get some of her antibiotics in her before we consider surgery and she’s prefer it to have some in her. then she turns around and says we’ll do another ultrasound on the 15th since we already had that set up. Then she’s like she may be able to get her in Mon if she wasn’t booked up. So it’s like she’s all over the place..I’ll talk to the vet again Fri when I take her for another shot and try to set up a date.

What’s the after care like? I read take everything out of her cage but paper towels or newspaper but do I not have anything for her to hide in if she gets hot? I assume I can’t really handle her so how do I give meds because she wants to fight me now? Especially if I’m driving her to the vet every 72 hours for her antibiotic is that an issue? I'm sorry i keep asking you all this stuff. Just trying to figure stuff out in advance.

Hi!
Yea they can be a bit picky with food especially greens,mine eat rocket and kale.They get fruits as well as a treat but all my 4 love their greens thankfully.

I was given oral meds for bee,she doesn’t like them but tolerates it.I slide the side of her mouth down gently and slip the syringe in,then squeeze in about 0.01-0.02ml and repeat until she’s had the full dosage.She gets a couple of worms in between if she’s really not in the mood,be careful with aspiration.It takes patience and a lot of time but I always give meds in small amounts and with time spaced between each amount.Normally I will move the syringe to the tip of her mouth after squeezing some on her gums/side of teeth as this will make her swallow and make sure it’s not just sitting her her mouth.She may swallow it by herself or lick it by herself.Bee sometimes shakes her head to move the syringe or if she has any on her lips And she will also run away😂.

I didn’t get bee out of her tank until she had her check up at the vets 10 days later.She’s always had her meds in her tank but may not be possible if your girl is a runner! You shouldn’t need to hold her down or apply any pressure when giving her the meds,i gently cup bees head in my hand and slightly drag/open the side of her mouth just by moving her beard down at the side then slip syringe in the side and that should work!

The tank should be pretty bare,soft blankets are welcomed.Bee currently has her little dog bed in with her and her blankie that’s it,she misses her log but can’t have it back until her stitches are out.She doesn’t have her back legs so struggles to climb as it is let alone with stitches!

Personally I would book surgery,I do not think waiting until the 15th would be a good idea.While the follicles are inside her the risk of infection is higher than any time after surgery.I wouldn’t suggest her travelling to the vets for shots after the spay,maybe they could keep her at the vets for a few days after to administer it? I would ask for oral meds if possible! Do you know when the next date available for surgery would be if she doesn’t have it done and you wait?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom