Been lazy now having issues walking after vet visit

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Hi!
Yea they can be a bit picky with food especially greens,mine eat rocket and kale.They get fruits as well as a treat but all my 4 love their greens thankfully.

I was given oral meds for bee,she doesn’t like them but tolerates it.I slide the side of her mouth down gently and slip the syringe in,then squeeze in about 0.01-0.02ml and repeat until she’s had the full dosage.She gets a couple of worms in between if she’s really not in the mood,be careful with aspiration.It takes patience and a lot of time but I always give meds in small amounts and with time spaced between each amount.Normally I will move the syringe to the tip of her mouth after squeezing some on her gums/side of teeth as this will make her swallow and make sure it’s not just sitting her her mouth.She may swallow it by herself or lick it by herself.Bee sometimes shakes her head to move the syringe or if she has any on her lips And she will also run away😂.

I didn’t get bee out of her tank until she had her check up at the vets 10 days later.She’s always had her meds in her tank but may not be possible if your girl is a runner! You shouldn’t need to hold her down or apply any pressure when giving her the meds,i gently cup bees head in my hand and slightly drag/open the side of her mouth just by moving her beard down at the side then slip syringe in the side and that should work!

The tank should be pretty bare,soft blankets are welcomed.Bee currently has her little dog bed in with her and her blankie that’s it,she misses her log but can’t have it back until her stitches are out.She doesn’t have her back legs so struggles to climb as it is let alone with stitches!

Personally I would book surgery,I do not think waiting until the 15th would be a good idea.While the follicles are inside her the risk of infection is higher than any time after surgery.I wouldn’t suggest her travelling to the vets for shots after the spay,maybe they could keep her at the vets for a few days after to administer it? I would ask for oral meds if possible! Do you know when the next date available for surgery would be if she doesn’t have it done and you wait?
Thank you again for all the help. I’m so glad to hear Bee is doing so well. I left a message for my vet to call me about setting it up but she’s not in until fri again. So like I said I take her for a shot then so I should find out one way or another and get a date set. I don’t know how many times I wished zilla could tell me what she wants lol. It just so much so fast I’m overwhelmed with worries. I deal with depression myself so of course that makes it worse because all my thoughts go to the worse outcomes. My vet prescribed the shot because she felt they work better then oral so something will define have to change there. Not only would o have or pick her up or hold her down to try and give it to her myself she would fight me with every ounce of strength she has. Which wouldn’t be good. As of right now the oral stuff isn’t to bad because I got it figured out some but she still struggles and usually I hold her when I give them so that’s going to present a new challenge not holding her for them lol.

Jessss

Thank you again for all the help. I’m so glad to hear Bee is doing so well. I left a message for my vet to call me about setting it up but she’s not in until fri again. So like I said I take her for a shot then so I should find out one way or another and get a date set. I don’t know how many times I wished zilla could tell me what she wants lol. It just so much so fast I’m overwhelmed with worries. I deal with depression myself so of course that makes it worse because all my thoughts go to the worse outcomes. My vet prescribed the shot because she felt they work better then oral so something will define have to change there. Not only would o have or pick her up or hold her down to try and give it to her myself she would fight me with every ounce of strength she has. Which wouldn’t be good. As of right now the oral stuff isn’t to bad because I got it figured out some but she still struggles and usually I hold her when I give them so that’s going to present a new challenge not holding her for them lol.
No need to say thank you,I’m glad I’ve helped at all! Thank you! She’s a tough little peanut 💞 when she goes for the shot I would talk to your vet, ask for an honest opinion on if they feel surgery is definitely needed.I get they can absorb but the issue is most of the time they don’t.Bee had a lot of follicles attached to over ovaries so wouldn’t of been able to pass naturally.Every case is different which makes it so difficult,I would have a very honest chat with the vet bring up any concerns and ask any questions you have even if they seem silly.I have a feeling that by the 3rd day of me taking bee down to her vets they all dreaded me walking in😂I’m extra paranoid about my beardies and am a little over cautious with them.You may be able to get her out to give meds,I chose not to as I didn’t want to move or touch her belly(she has a fairly big incision sight!).The first couple of days after surgery were honestly awful,she looked so unwell and I was sure I’d made the wrong decision in getting the surgery done.But the next morning she was eating,still looking very ill but eating.It’s been a month today since her surgery! And she’s started running around again and I got her out to explore for the first time since the surgery yesterday and she was very happy! Because I have other beardies she only comes out in the room across the hallway so she doesn’t see my boys 🤦🏽‍♀️😂she has been getting cuddles with me through out the day with a clean blankie since about 2 weeks after surgery.She’s still not allowed on the floor to run only on the bed,I worry about any dirt or hair getting stuck to her stitches (we have a dog that sheds her fur like she’s moved from Alaska to Spain)

I get how you’re feeling trust me! It’s an awful situation to be in,you’re worried about making the wrong decisions and causing more bad than good.You’re doing an amazing job of getting her seen and getting her the correct help! Most people wouldn’t do this or even try 😞you’re doing everything you can,you should be proud ❤️
Please do keep us updated! I know this will have a happy ending and I’m already excited for pictures of her when she’s feeling a lottt better!!

Jessss

No need to say thank you,I’m glad I’ve helped at all! Thank you! She’s a tough little peanut 💞 when she goes for the shot I would talk to your vet, ask for an honest opinion on if they feel surgery is definitely needed.I get they can absorb but the issue is most of the time they don’t.Bee had a lot of follicles attached to over ovaries so wouldn’t of been able to pass naturally.Every case is different which makes it so difficult,I would have a very honest chat with the vet bring up any concerns and ask any questions you have even if they seem silly.I have a feeling that by the 3rd day of me taking bee down to her vets they all dreaded me walking in😂I’m extra paranoid about my beardies and am a little over cautious with them.You may be able to get her out to give meds,I chose not to as I didn’t want to move or touch her belly(she has a fairly big incision sight!).The first couple of days after surgery were honestly awful,she looked so unwell and I was sure I’d made the wrong decision in getting the surgery done.But the next morning she was eating,still looking very ill but eating.It’s been a month today since her surgery! And she’s started running around again and I got her out to explore for the first time since the surgery yesterday and she was very happy! Because I have other beardies she only comes out in the room across the hallway so she doesn’t see my boys 🤦🏽‍♀️😂she has been getting cuddles with me through out the day with a clean blankie since about 2 weeks after surgery.She’s still not allowed on the floor to run only on the bed,I worry about any dirt or hair getting stuck to her stitches (we have a dog that sheds her fur like she’s moved from Alaska to Spain)

I get how you’re feeling trust me! It’s an awful situation to be in,you’re worried about making the wrong decisions and causing more bad than good.You’re doing an amazing job of getting her seen and getting her the correct help! Most people wouldn’t do this or even try 😞you’re doing everything you can,you should be proud ❤️
Please do keep us updated! I know this will have a happy ending and I’m already excited for pictures of her when she’s feeling a lottt better!!
Always forget to type something 😂

Bee had a load of follicles attached to her ovaries and the walls of her uterus we didn’t know this prior to surgery and was told it was just eggs.She was actually developing more follicles over the two days before surgery that could be seen when she was getting spayed.She had layers of them that had built up on top of eachother and wouldn’t of ever moved if we’d not of got surgery they would’ve just added more and more until it killed her.Although she didn’t have any with fluid build up,that is the other big worry for your girl bless her.I would try to get another ultrasound in,explain about the fluid build up and express the concern about one bursting and what the out come would be.Its always a surprise with these types of things,they look so different when they’re opened up(sorry about use of words) to when they’re on an ultrasound! It’s great she’s getting seen soon for the shot,gives you a chance to talk to the vets again! I also have a picture of bee a few minutes after surgery laying next to all the eggs and follicles that were removed I will try to send it on here later or try to send you it privately! It’s a little graphic in advance.

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Always forget to type something 😂

Bee had a load of follicles attached to her ovaries and the walls of her uterus we didn’t know this prior to surgery and was told it was just eggs.She was actually developing more follicles over the two days before surgery that could be seen when she was getting spayed.She had layers of them that had built up on top of eachother and wouldn’t of ever moved if we’d not of got surgery they would’ve just added more and more until it killed her.Although she didn’t have any with fluid build up,that is the other big worry for your girl bless her.I would try to get another ultrasound in,explain about the fluid build up and express the concern about one bursting and what the out come would be.Its always a surprise with these types of things,they look so different when they’re opened up(sorry about use of words) to when they’re on an ultrasound! It’s great she’s getting seen soon for the shot,gives you a chance to talk to the vets again! I also have a picture of bee a few minutes after surgery laying next to all the eggs and follicles that were removed I will try to send it on here later or try to send you it privately! It’s a little graphic in advance.
Bee definitely sounds like a fighter. You definitely are going to have your hands full when she can get on the floor lol. I’m currently in that place where I want Zilla to rest but I just want to get her out and spend as much time with her as I can. She hasn’t really wanted to eat since she got her antibiotic shot so I’m hoping it’s a side effect of that and not that she’s feeling worse. I’ve been giving her little by little out of syringes when I can. Just tried to give her calcium and boy did she fight me today like when it was her first time taking them. She throws her head around and rotates her body and lays down like “I’m sleeping, leave me be” then she backs away. I have fighting her to take them but I know she needs them and take that fight as a sign she may be feeling a little better. I can only imagine how much she’d fight if she was feeling better,

If you can pm that pic if you get a chance I would definitely be interested to see what all got removed. I am definitely going to sit down later after Zilla goes to sleep and start writing some questions down for the vet so I don’t forget. With the current state of my mind id probably get to the vet and forget everything if I don’t. I was told 40 up to 40 min for them to put her all the way under and 35 for the procedure and it doesn’t seem long. But I know that’s going to feel like the longest 75 min of my life when it’s time. Then the day before and the trip to the vet I know I’m going to break down. Im very protective of her and told my family I’ll sell everything I own if it meant getting her better, so it’s going to be extremely hard.

Edit: I took her outside for a bit and she just set on my leg or ground and didn’t move anything besides her head. I tried giving her a bath and she didn’t want it for the first time since I had her. She just wobbled up my arm and had a foot and tail in the water and wanted to go to sleep. I just put her to bed because she acts like she’s really exhausted so I’m super worried right now.

Also the antibiotic she is on is Fortaz. Could that be making her feel this way? She seems to not want to eat and I read that could be a possible side effect. Not sure what all the side effects are on it because what I find really only mentions humans.

Last edited:

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
i have her surgery set for Mon. I drop her off between 7:30 and 8am. I could only talk to a receptionist. I do go into for another antibiotic shot at 1 with one of the drs assistants so hopefully I can ask some questions and she can have answers for me.

Jessss

i have her surgery set for Mon. I drop her off between 7:30 and 8am. I could only talk to a receptionist. I do go into for another antibiotic shot at 1 with one of the drs assistants so hopefully I can ask some questions and she can have answers for me.
That’s great news about getting her in for surgery! Most of the time this type of thing doesn’t right itself on it own,another concern would be if you didn’t go ahead with surgery and she didn’t have it,it could happen again in the future and you’d both have to go through all this again.

I think you previously mentioned about sterilising the tank for when she comes home from surgery but wanted to say again about this.Because bee had an emergency spay I didn’t have a lot of time to prep for her coming home,so it’s always best to be prepared!

How has she been? How has her appetite been? Hope all is going well with her and she’s been feeling a bit better! Hope you’re feeling better as well? It’s a stressful time but please do try to give yourself credit for everything you’re doing for her.It’s all worth it once they’re back home and you can relax.

Another thing is the surgery cost! Bees cost £490 and my vets didn’t offer a payment plan,I’d been saving for the last year used that luckily.Maybe discuss this at her next appointment as well? Not sure of your personal situation but the costs do vary!

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
That’s great news about getting her in for surgery! Most of the time this type of thing doesn’t right itself on it own,another concern would be if you didn’t go ahead with surgery and she didn’t have it,it could happen again in the future and you’d both have to go through all this again.

I think you previously mentioned about sterilising the tank for when she comes home from surgery but wanted to say again about this.Because bee had an emergency spay I didn’t have a lot of time to prep for her coming home,so it’s always best to be prepared!

How has she been? How has her appetite been? Hope all is going well with her and she’s been feeling a bit better! Hope you’re feeling better as well? It’s a stressful time but please do try to give yourself credit for everything you’re doing for her.It’s all worth it once they’re back home and you can relax.

Another thing is the surgery cost! Bees cost £490 and my vets didn’t offer a payment plan,I’d been saving for the last year used that luckily.Maybe discuss this at her next appointment as well? Not sure of your personal situation but the costs do vary!
She had her second antibiotic shot today. She seems to be perked up a little more then yesterday. Holding her head up more while in the cage even looks like trying to put some weight on her legs from time to time to help stand up more. Still struggling with them though. So it’ll take awhile to get her to full strength again.

The vet assistant I'm talking to said that she won’t have much an appetite right now with that stuff in her pushing in her stomach it’ll make her think she is full when she hasn’t ate much or not at all. I’m still giving her little sips of stuff out of a syringe but trying not to overdo it. I’ll definitely clean her cage out again day of surgery.

I was told they want to continue the antibiotic shots post surgery but I talked to them and they said I can bring her in for those. It won’t hurt if I’m careful to take her out of the cage for her meds just not play with her for awhile. Good thing about that it means they can keep an eye on her incision every 72 hours to make sure it’s looking good. The bad thing is there will be 2 days on weekends no one will be there for shots so I have to learn how to do them and not looking forward to that at all.

As for cost it’s going to be estimated around $700. Luckily I have been putting a little money up here and there for her incase of an emergency for the past few years so I’ll be fine just getting it out of the way. To be honest I was surprised, I honestly expected they would tell me something like 2 thousand at least.

My biggest concern is not being there with her. I have to drop her off by 8am and have no clue when the surgery will be. I was told they have 4 other animals she knew about needing surgery that day so it depends who they think needs it more. But according to the assistant i should be able to bring her home that night. I wish I could just sit there with her until they were ready and stay until she was done.

I have her outside a little bit right now and she’s looking around. Im trying to stay positive but there are moments like yesterday where I just broke down with worry. I’ll be glad when it’s all over and she’s home safe.

Attachments

• 3674F627-9090-4C7B-8B64-028CF1513913.jpeg
    3674F627-9090-4C7B-8B64-028CF1513913.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 56

Jessss

She had her second antibiotic shot today. She seems to be perked up a little more then yesterday. Holding her head up more while in the cage even looks like trying to put some weight on her legs from time to time to help stand up more. Still struggling with them though. So it’ll take awhile to get her to full strength again.

The vet assistant I'm talking to said that she won’t have much an appetite right now with that stuff in her pushing in her stomach it’ll make her think she is full when she hasn’t ate much or not at all. I’m still giving her little sips of stuff out of a syringe but trying not to overdo it. I’ll definitely clean her cage out again day of surgery.

I was told they want to continue the antibiotic shots post surgery but I talked to them and they said I can bring her in for those. It won’t hurt if I’m careful to take her out of the cage for her meds just not play with her for awhile. Good thing about that it means they can keep an eye on her incision every 72 hours to make sure it’s looking good. The bad thing is there will be 2 days on weekends no one will be there for shots so I have to learn how to do them and not looking forward to that at all.

As for cost it’s going to be estimated around $700. Luckily I have been putting a little money up here and there for her incase of an emergency for the past few years so I’ll be fine just getting it out of the way. To be honest I was surprised, I honestly expected they would tell me something like 2 thousand at least.

My biggest concern is not being there with her. I have to drop her off by 8am and have no clue when the surgery will be. I was told they have 4 other animals she knew about needing surgery that day so it depends who they think needs it more. But according to the assistant i should be able to bring her home that night. I wish I could just sit there with her until they were ready and stay until she was done.

I have her outside a little bit right now and she’s looking around. Im trying to stay positive but there are moments like yesterday where I just broke down with worry. I’ll be glad when it’s all over and she’s home safe.
Hi!
I’m so glad she’s booked in,it sounds as though the meds are helping but lack of appetite is unfortunately a side effect.It’s true about the follicles pushing and making her feel full and uncomfortable,bee black bearded for days before her spay because she had so much inside pushing on the rest of her organs.

I never had time to discuss payments with my vet and just paid once I picked bee up and i was expecting more but still a lot of money at once.

I rang my vets about 8 times before bee went into surgery to check where she was.I would ask them to call you when she’s going into surgery and also once she’s awake.The vet will call you once she’s fully awake anyway but I’d ask for a call when she’s going in for surgery as well.

Not sure how long bee was in surgery but I think it was about 40-50 minutes but took a while to go to sleep they try to not keep them under too long as they don’t do well with the anaesthetic.Bee took ages to go to sleep and took a very long time to wake back up,if I’m being honest for 2-3 days after she was still very out of it.It takes such a long time for the anaesthetic to leave their systems.

With the shots I would still be worried about travelling to the vets but she should be fine if you’re careful with her and she doesn’t get overly stressed.Bee wasn’t very happy about going to her appointment 10 days after 😂let alone 72 hours! As long as she doesn’t seem too stressed or bothered she should be all good :) just try to keep everything to a minimum for the first couple days (handling and disturbing) and keep and eye on her.

Another thing is bee did have a black beard for about 5-7 days after surgery which slowly started to subside.She seemed upset after her meds (understandable) but was happy to her a waxworm after🤣and once the pain meds kicked in she was better.Try to talk to your vet as well about her what she’s allowed to eat after surgery.Bee wasn’t allowed any live food with a hard exoskeleton and had to have any greens given in small amounts shredded.
I brought bee home the same night! She looked very unwell,fat pads and eyes sunken with a pitch black beard and pale body.I was so shocked seeing her look so bad considering she went into surgery looking really healthy and plump in the face.It wasn’t a nice experience but I suppose we’d look rough after such a big operation as well.

Please do keep us updated on her and how she’s doing,I know you’re worried sick but please know you’re doing the best thing for her!Theres been few posts on here about beardies needing to be spayed or have some problem with their reproductive system,seems like it’s becoming more of a regular occurrence sadly.
Had to add it on,she’s gorgeous! Looks healthy and alert which is a good sign :)

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Hi!
I’m so glad she’s booked in,it sounds as though the meds are helping but lack of appetite is unfortunately a side effect.It’s true about the follicles pushing and making her feel full and uncomfortable,bee black bearded for days before her spay because she had so much inside pushing on the rest of her organs.

I never had time to discuss payments with my vet and just paid once I picked bee up and i was expecting more but still a lot of money at once.

I rang my vets about 8 times before bee went into surgery to check where she was.I would ask them to call you when she’s going into surgery and also once she’s awake.The vet will call you once she’s fully awake anyway but I’d ask for a call when she’s going in for surgery as well.

Not sure how long bee was in surgery but I think it was about 40-50 minutes but took a while to go to sleep they try to not keep them under too long as they don’t do well with the anaesthetic.Bee took ages to go to sleep and took a very long time to wake back up,if I’m being honest for 2-3 days after she was still very out of it.It takes such a long time for the anaesthetic to leave their systems.

With the shots I would still be worried about travelling to the vets but she should be fine if you’re careful with her and she doesn’t get overly stressed.Bee wasn’t very happy about going to her appointment 10 days after 😂let alone 72 hours! As long as she doesn’t seem too stressed or bothered she should be all good :) just try to keep everything to a minimum for the first couple days (handling and disturbing) and keep and eye on her.

Another thing is bee did have a black beard for about 5-7 days after surgery which slowly started to subside.She seemed upset after her meds (understandable) but was happy to her a waxworm after🤣and once the pain meds kicked in she was better.Try to talk to your vet as well about her what she’s allowed to eat after surgery.Bee wasn’t allowed any live food with a hard exoskeleton and had to have any greens given in small amounts shredded.
I brought bee home the same night! She looked very unwell,fat pads and eyes sunken with a pitch black beard and pale body.I was so shocked seeing her look so bad considering she went into surgery looking really healthy and plump in the face.It wasn’t a nice experience but I suppose we’d look rough after such a big operation as well.

Please do keep us updated on her and how she’s doing,I know you’re worried sick but please know you’re doing the best thing for her!Theres been few posts on here about beardies needing to be spayed or have some problem with their reproductive system,seems like it’s becoming more of a regular occurrence sadly.
Had to add it on,she’s gorgeous! Looks healthy and alert which is a good sign :)
Thank you for your concern. I’m worried about all of it to be honest. I’m trying to think ahead everything I’ll need just incase and have it ready for that day. I’m definitely going to see if they can call me when they get ready to start. Even if so I know I’ll be worried before the call but at least I’ll know when she’s going in. I was told it could take up to 40 min for them to put her to sleep before they start just because they want to be sure she is under completely but it’ll probably be less. The surgery itself should be around 35 min.

Believe me I’m worried about taking her back for shots so soon. They don’t want to change to oral though because they feel reptiles do better with the shots. But I think it’d be safer for me to take her then try and fight with her to do them myself and at least this way they can also keep an eye on the incision. I’ll definitely be finding someone to take me though so I can hold her and make sure she’s comfortable instead of keep picking her up and putting her down. The car ride I’m not to worried about. I take her on rides all the time, she use to go shopping with me before the pandemic so she’s use to that. She really seems to enjoy them. Now post surgery she may not want to because of being sore so that I’ll just have to wait and see. Luckily for most part to the vet it’s a smooth ride on interstate. Our road through is a bit bumpy and curvy so that is going to be the worst part. I’ll wrap her up in her blanket though to make sure she’s comfortable as much as I can for those trips. I bought a magic bullet just for her now so whatever she needs cut up I’m good. The nurse said she’ll have a list of dos and fonts for me before we leave so that will help alot

Jessss

Thank you for your concern. I’m worried about all of it to be honest. I’m trying to think ahead everything I’ll need just incase and have it ready for that day. I’m definitely going to see if they can call me when they get ready to start. Even if so I know I’ll be worried before the call but at least I’ll know when she’s going in. I was told it could take up to 40 min for them to put her to sleep before they start just because they want to be sure she is under completely but it’ll probably be less. The surgery itself should be around 35 min.

Believe me I’m worried about taking her back for shots so soon. They don’t want to change to oral though because they feel reptiles do better with the shots. But I think it’d be safer for me to take her then try and fight with her to do them myself and at least this way they can also keep an eye on the incision. I’ll definitely be finding someone to take me though so I can hold her and make sure she’s comfortable instead of keep picking her up and putting her down. The car ride I’m not to worried about. I take her on rides all the time, she use to go shopping with me before the pandemic so she’s use to that. She really seems to enjoy them. Now post surgery she may not want to because of being sore so that I’ll just have to wait and see. Luckily for most part to the vet it’s a smooth ride on interstate. Our road through is a bit bumpy and curvy so that is going to be the worst part. I’ll wrap her up in her blanket though to make sure she’s comfortable as much as I can for those trips. I bought a magic bullet just for her now so whatever she needs cut up I’m good. The nurse said she’ll have a list of dos and fonts for me before we leave so that will help alot
Hi! Sorry my replies haven’t been so great I’ve been in and out of hospital recently but really hope everything’s been going well with your girl? I think from what I can tell you’ve got everything ready and sorted as much as you can for when she comes home! I know it’s going to be an awful day for you but please try not to worry too much,I worked myself up so much and in the end there was no need.But saying that,I know that someone telling you not to worry won’t stop you worrying.

With the vet trips and shots it actually may be less stressful than trying to give it orally,if she’s been fighting you prior to surgery then it may cause her harm if she fights you after surgery and pulls a stitch or rips one.Bee still fights me now but I feel the reason she is good with oral meds is because when I first got her she had such a bad uri that she had to have 3 separate 10 day treatment of antibiotics for it (she was coughing which up until then I had no knowledge that they could even cough! and really struggled) so she’s used to it.But even then some days she fights a lot more than other days.

Finally I wanted to say a massive good luck and well done for getting her sorted out,she’s an extremely lucky girl as many beardies don’t get the surgery or the owner doesn’t know they’re egg bound to start with.She’ll be home soon and back in her viv,felt very strange looking in my room and not seeing bee there gawking at me.Was a very happy welcome home and am looking forward to you experiencing the same feeling when you bring your girl home! ❤️ As I said before I would still call every so often to check how’s she’s doing and keep checking on when surgery may be.Will offer you some peace of mind knowing instead of wondering and letting your mind run wild.Please keep me updated,will be thinking of her all day! :)

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Hi! Sorry my replies haven’t been so great I’ve been in and out of hospital recently but really hope everything’s been going well with your girl? I think from what I can tell you’ve got everything ready and sorted as much as you can for when she comes home! I know it’s going to be an awful day for you but please try not to worry too much,I worked myself up so much and in the end there was no need.But saying that,I know that someone telling you not to worry won’t stop you worrying.

With the vet trips and shots it actually may be less stressful than trying to give it orally,if she’s been fighting you prior to surgery then it may cause her harm if she fights you after surgery and pulls a stitch or rips one.Bee still fights me now but I feel the reason she is good with oral meds is because when I first got her she had such a bad uri that she had to have 3 separate 10 day treatment of antibiotics for it (she was coughing which up until then I had no knowledge that they could even cough! and really struggled) so she’s used to it.But even then some days she fights a lot more than other days.

Finally I wanted to say a massive good luck and well done for getting her sorted out,she’s an extremely lucky girl as many beardies don’t get the surgery or the owner doesn’t know they’re egg bound to start with.She’ll be home soon and back in her viv,felt very strange looking in my room and not seeing bee there gawking at me.Was a very happy welcome home and am looking forward to you experiencing the same feeling when you bring your girl home! ❤️ As I said before I would still call every so often to check how’s she’s doing and keep checking on when surgery may be.Will offer you some peace of mind knowing instead of wondering and letting your mind run wild.Please keep me updated,will be thinking of her all day! :)
Thank you. She is home now and it was stressful. The staff was really great though so it did help. They called me to let me know before they were going to sedate her and start so I wasn’t worrying to much… I still was the whole time but it really helped knowing when exactly they were starting. Then the dr called me as soon as it was over to update me. I totally get you not going in your room. I wouldn’t even step foot in my room until they called to let me know she was out of surgery. It was hard enough without seeing all of her stuff every where. Soon as they did I cleaned her Viv out good and got it all set up for her to lay around in.

I do have a liquid pain med to give her once a day starting tomorrow. It’s banana flavor supposedly so hopefully she won’t fight it since she loves Bananas. I was told I could start her on her regular diet as soon as she’s ready to eat but I’ll probably start slow to be safe. She’ll probably be hungry. She didn’t eat anything but a few licks of things for 2 days before the procedure. Now just got to wait for her to heal and hopefully get her legs built back up so she can run around again. Thank you and everyone else for your support and helping me though this tuff time.

Edit: forgot to mention that one of the follicles did have an infection in it so the vet believes that’s where the infection showing in her labs is from. We’re still going to be giving the shots to be safe but it’s a relief knowing that the source may have been removed.

Attachments

• FBC806E2-F9AB-4251-A2B9-50939E762976.jpeg
    FBC806E2-F9AB-4251-A2B9-50939E762976.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 0E5A0B3B-C7A4-4B8E-A938-994CC5139E2F.jpeg
    0E5A0B3B-C7A4-4B8E-A938-994CC5139E2F.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom