Been a while since last poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Is she/he eating at all? If they're eating and not going to the bathroom, that would point to constipation/impaction. Make sure it's drinking water. Drop some on it's nose so it'll lap it up. When you put them in the bath, gently rub they're tummy. Gary ALWAYS goes when I do that. If that still doesn't help, then yes, I would recommend a vet visit.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has been eating a little less than normal but not a major drop of in appetite. I'll try a belly rub in the bath tonight after work

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They can go much longer at times between poos , but as the others mentioned warm bath daily along with a few natural laxatives will do the trick, no need for a vet. Try any of these or a combo of them...applesauce, canned pumpkin [ no spices ] baby food prunes , squash and a few drops of veg.oil and/or honey.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks to all for the advice. I ended up changing the bulb to raise temps and feeding squash baby food. This with a warm bath everynoghtto for about a week. She has pooped twice and it is normal looking. What a relief. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom