Bee Pollen

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
I have a question regarding bee pollen

I'm going to try using it on my Dragons veggies to see if that helps encourage him to eat some of his veggies because I have literally tried everything else with him and I don't feel comfortable letting him starve untill he eats his veggies, so I figured bee pollen was worth a shot and is good for him regardless.

I will use it to gut load my crickets if he ends up not being interested.

Also can I use it everyday?

and this is the bee pollen I plan to get that they sell at a honey bee center by my house
http://www.honeybeecentre.com/honeybee-products/health-and-nutrition/bee-pollen/bee-pollen-240-g#.VvwcWPkrKUk

does it like turn powdery if I touch it or how does it work do I need to grind it up to make it into a powder?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The pollen I use is in small grain form so I just add it in with the calcium or vitamin powder that I put on bugs. It's supposed to help immune system among other things. I don't have evidence of how well it works but it doesn't seem to hurt so it's worth trying out.

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok so I could use it everyday?

Yeah it doesnt hurt right, Ive read from a couple people that their Dragons love it so im hoping maybe that will help him eat his veggies because he is verry stubborn right now lol.

Wont even eat crickets, holds out all day untill I feel bad that he hasnt eaten and then I give him a couple horn worms.

He has me trained.

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The bee pollen I just bought says on the side of the lable

contains trace elements of - magnesium, calcium,copper,iron,silica, phosphorus, maganese, cartenoids, flavonoids, phytosterols, and B vitamins.

Is that normal
and is it still safe to give to my dragon.

I bought it from a bee farm and the only ingredient on it says is pure bee pollen.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As far as I know it should be fine. A high level of phosphorous could be a problem but if it says trace amounts I wouldn't worry about it. Especially if it's listed as pure bee pollen.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Raw natural granules of bee pollen is pretty pricey here (in Australia). Come in small packets or bottles. Thinking of getting some West Australian (claimed to be the purest and best on earth due to the remoteness of the location the bees are located in), maybe 250g to start off with.

What kind of price you pay for it over there ?

How much do you use per meal / day per beardie ?

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
In Canada it is $17 for a 240 gram jar of bee pollen.

As for how much to give your Dragon daily im pretty new too it so im sure someone else will be able to answer that for you.

I just started with it today and mixed the pollen with water and made a paste and let him lick it off my finger.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
amyemiline":3n2f1rya said:
I just started with it today and mixed the pollen with water and made a paste and let him lick it off my finger.

That's a good way to offer it too.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Is bee pollen sorta like honey in how you can use it on wounds, or is it just flavor encouragement? Just wanted to make sure.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think of it more as a nutritional supplement. I keep a separate jar of manuka honey for wound treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom